Constantly having dreams about my ex girlfriend :/

iDrum

I'm slowly but surely getting over my ex gf. I tell myself that "I will not fight for someone who will not fight for me." And that helps. Throughout the daytime, sure I think about what could've been, but I move.

We've been broken up for about 3 weeks now and I'M BEING DEAD SERIOUS, I've had dreams about her EVERY damn night! They're all about her finding someone new and me trying to get her back.

It kills me guys. I wake up in the morning so emotionally weak that I cry my freaking heart out. Every morning I almost crack under the pressure and want to pick up the phone and call her. Every night before going to sleep I KNOW that I'm about to go through hell. I'm so tired of thinking about her, I'm so tired of dreaming about her, but I have no voluntary control over that. Every step forward I make the dreams take me 10 steps back.

I'm scared that it will push me over the edge and that I will loose all of my dignity causing me to make that call.

I need help

uggh it's the worst. i just posted that I'm having nightmares. i wake up drenched in sweat and crying.

hold onto your dignity and don't make that call. I want to message him and tell him how much he's hurt me, but ill just look pathetic after he ignored me when went to him for help. stay strong. it's only been 3 weeks for you. You'll get past it.

The dreams were the worst for me. After I had one nightmare he found someone else is when I officially decided to go NC bc I didn't want to live through actually experiences that. And even after I continued to have dreams. Now it's about 2 months post BU and I hardly have any dreams anymore.

But I still do wake up sometimes in complete terror or disbelief that he not in my life.

It gets better but it just takes time. Hang in there

Most people have dream episodes for a few weeks. It'll pass, just give it time. If you want to make the call, go on. See how it feels after that. If you think you feel bad NOW, boy oh boy calling your ex will be a nice "support" indeed.

It's time to be rational and not emotional.

I am 3 months BU and 1 month of NC now, and i know what its like, my ex is in my dreams every single night... Always the same things, us getting back together, kissing, all that good stuff, its feels euphoric cause i love her so much. When i wake up to reality it hits me again, and i feel terrible, just wanting to die, and yes i cry a ton cuase of it... Mornings and nights are the worst for me, i hate it. I just want her back or to forget about her, the unknown is the scary part.

Archived