Hello, it's been a solid 10 days of 100% NC with my ex now. Before this stretch I had not talked to her for a solid 14 days, however during that stretch I still peeked at her social media. Somewhere in that stretch I deleted my FB account and uninstalled my Instragram app. And I only broke no contact 10 days ago because she msged me about how to switch her cellphone out of my name.

It has been a tough day today, I woke up missing her like crazy. I had a dream about her, I just miss her so much right now. I want to talk to her and be able to hold her and kiss her and tell her how much I love her. She has made no attempt to contact me what so ever and it hurts alot to know that.

She completely broke my heart, we were engaged for about 6-7 months, we dated for 3 years and were friends 3 years before that. I still don't know what I did really, and her only reason she gave was she was unhappy. It happened when she was extremely stressed out time for her with work and things and she is not a person that deals with stress well. My therapist feels like it could have been this that caused her to break up as the break up came out of no where. We were happy leading up to it, doing fun things and trying new things like cooking together and so on.

I try to avoid looking at her social media and it wasn't until recently that I finally cut myself off. She seems like shes happy and that hurts the most. I want her to be happy but it pains me to see her act like our relationship meant nothing to her. Shes hanging out with people I never even met, going out, being flaky to our mutual friends, and she was posting about how happy life is, and being positive and crap. Was she able to move on that easily? She doesn't seem to even care. I just can't stop thinking about her today. How can she be so heartless? I feel like its all a front and I should msg her to talk, but at the same time I don't want to because I think it will just hurt me more. I keep waiting thinking that out of no where she will change her mind or realize she made a mistake. I'm going insane over here, yet she just looks happy. Last weekend she had called into our cellphone company to finish the switch, the operator told her they charge a $35 fee for the transfer, she had the nerve to say no she wasn't going to pay it and told them to bill me for it. That just seems like a harsh move right?

Oh man, I hate the dream missing routine. Darn you subconscious, plus sleep is usually a bit of a release from sadness, seems unfair somehow.

Buddy, be strong. All I can say is that it does get better with time. Stick with the NC - it's your best friend at this point. Don't dwell on the cell phone indignity.

How did you get over it? It just feels like I'll never get over it. And the way she acted and treated me seems just harsh. I am trying to work through it, diving myself into my work and my second job. I'm working out every day now trying to lose weight. Just anything that keeps me busy. And yet every few days I fall back again.

honestly man , as cliche as it sounds and im sure you've heard this from everyone over and over , but time really does heal all wounds , but ill add to the you just have to find ways to make that time go fast and keeping yourself will do it, honestly i went on random adventures , did things that i would normally never do you find out alot about yourself and by that point the time has flown by

Hi Lion.

Your BU is recent. and you are responding as it is a real loss. Yes, you will feel these emotions for a good while. You'll go thru emotions & stages for the next few months, with the denial, anger, heartache, lonliness etc.

Until, you can come to 'accept' and work on healing.

It'll all take time. Im still suffering from a LTR of 5 yrs. VERY hard to lose someone you came to love.. i know.

Yes, she's acting out now.. like she is fine. But most often, over a bit of time 2 months usually is when they'll start to 'miss you', too. She's putting on a good act right now.. probably because she feels 'free' again.

If it is over, sadly , it's over. It is awful to feel this way. I hate all of these emotions and memories flooding my head avery day. I have NEVER been this emotional over anyone before. I can understand your pain.

Just have to go day by day with this.. give it a lot more time. Work on you now. Work on things like you are. Try to keep the mind busy. usually, after a few months, your mind will start to become a little clearer and you will probably come to realize some things about the relationship, that you dont see right now.

(arguments.. attitude, etc).

Anyways.. just want you to know.. you're not alone.

One day at a time, okay. Keep working on YOU now. No matter what, YOU is what you'll have the rest of your life.

tc

Oh man, I hate the dream missing routine. Darn you subconscious, plus sleep is usually a bit of a release from sadness, seems unfair somehow.

Buddy, be strong. All I can say is that it does get better with time. Stick with the NC - it's your best friend at this point. Don't dwell on the cell phone indignity.

Thanks, its been tough.

honestly man , as cliche as it sounds and im sure you've heard this from everyone over and over , but time really does heal all wounds , but ill add to the you just have to find ways to make that time go fast and keeping yourself will do it, honestly i went on random adventures , did things that i would normally never do you find out alot about yourself and by that point the time has flown by and i cried alot, crying is a release of emotion , relief is a great thing!

It's good to know that others see crying as way to release emotion as well. but lately I think I'm all cried out.

Hi Lion.

Your BU is recent. and you are responding as it is a real loss. Yes, you will feel these emotions for a good while. You'll go thru emotions & stages for the next few months, with the denial, anger, heartache, lonliness etc.

Until, you can come to 'accept' and work on healing.

It'll all take time. Im still suffering from a LTR of 5 yrs. VERY hard to lose someone you came to love.. i know.

Yes, she's acting out now.. like she is fine. But most often, over a bit of time 2 months usually is when they'll start to 'miss you', too. She's putting on a good act right now.. probably because she feels 'free' again.

If it is over, sadly , it's over. It is awful to feel this way. I hate all of these emotions and memories flooding my head avery day. I have NEVER been this emotional over anyone before. I can understand your pain.

Just have to go day by day with this.. give it a lot more time. Work on you now. Work on things like you are. Try to keep the mind busy. usually, after a few months, your mind will start to become a little clearer and you will probably come to realize some things about the relationship, that you dont see right now.

(arguments.. attitude, etc).

Anyways.. just want you to know.. you're not alone.

One day at a time, okay. Keep working on YOU now. No matter what, YOU is what you'll have the rest of your life.

tc

Thank you for the support. It is very hard to believe that its over, and even now after a month, I still feel like we would get back together. She is putting on a very good act for that matter, she doesn't seem to care at all. My life feels quite empty. I try my best to meet up with friends and keep busy. but even the most stupid thing reminds me of her.

I guess the depressing part is how sad it is that what we had just disappeared this way. None of her good friends that I know have reached out to me at all to help and when my friend tried she thought he was coming on to her. She "warned" me about him the last time I saw her. It was odd because my friend is engaged and planning his own wedding right now and I know he did it to try and help me. So I feel like it all happened suddenly, and rash. And above all I don't feel like I have anyone that is trying to help me to tell her to fight for me. Is that weird?

I'm doing the same as you guys are doing. Exercise, therapy, and drown myself in work. The pain is still there. Worse after I found that he already started an online profile two weeks after we broke up. We were going to get engaged, how could someone just let two years be gone like that? It still puzzles me.

Archived