so my ex boyfriend keeps returning to my work place. he first bumped into a colleague in a area and ask whos working and came in store to say hi to everyone (i was not in then) second time he came in was on tues 18th and chatted to the manager and cash office lady about moved back for good, waiting to hear from a job, carrying on with his painting business and left his other new business card (i was not in then) and then yesterday 20th thurs he comes back in, i was on shop floor he glares at me for 10 secs and when i see him he looks away and walks off to tills to purchase something and i walk off. why is he doing this? playing mind games.

Yeah, I agree - if he just shows up and tries to annoy you by talking to people there - there is nothing you can do to restrict him from that.

My ex used to wait me in front of my school/job/home, sitting under my windows - that type of stuff. He was also threatening me but even police did nothing. Hard situation to be in, was he working with you there? Does he know your colleagues? You can tell them he is your ex-stalker, so they ignore him, but he used to work there and is friendly with them too... it would be hard to do. I wish you a lot of patience. Stalkers are the worst...

He could possibly be missing you, showing you that he is over you (which he is clearly not) or angry with you (if you were the dumper) so act indifferent to his presence. Anything else will show him that you fear or are creeped out by his presence, which could escalate his behaviour.

It doesn't really sound like stalking to me... You weren't there any of those times, except for the last time.

He very well could just be interested in associating with who he talks to at your work; you could just be reading too much into it

Thirdly, if all he did was glare at you and leave, it seems pretty straight forward. He avoided you.

I'd say cool your jets and just ignore him. The only one who seems like they have a problem is you

It's basically like saying "he knows I used to eat subway on a particular street, and I happened to see him there. He must be following me or trying to be where I am".

Sometimes things really are innocent. If he tried talking to you or lingering, that would be different. But he glared and left. Sounds like he doesn't even like you

• 2 weeks later...

Why do girls always blow this stuff out of proportion? You use such a strong negative word like 'stalker' whilst he is clearly not. It's unnecessary and over the top in my opinion.

I've never heard a guy say that about his ex.

Sounds like he's trying to create a natural way in which you two can start to talk again, without seeming needy. It takes a lot of effort and balls, because girls always shout stalker when they see their ex near them twice within the same week.

Sounds like he's trying to create a natural way in which you two can start to talk again, without seeming needy.

Showing up at her job, talking with her colleagues, and then looking away when she comes doesn't sound like a natural way to communicate to me... No sign of balls too.

Normally people call you or message you saying they miss you after a break-up.

Guys call their exes stalkers just as easily.

Yes, it sounds like a clumsy, drama queen type of attention seeking he's doing, trying to get your attention and then ignore you when you give it to him.

Two options really : Nip it in the bud by confronting him about it (I bet he gets defensive) or wait long enough for him to calm down/meet someone else.

I don't blame him really. People do all kinds of weird things when they're pining.

Archived