what do i do if she contacts me

4evralone

My girlfriend broke up with me 13 days ago, it hurts but I have had no contact with her what so ever since the day we broke up. my birthday is this Saturday, what do I do if she contacts me and wishes me a happy birthday? if she posts something on my wall on facebook im just going to ignore it because she knows I rarely use my facebook and it wont be a big deal. but what do I do if she send me a text message? should I simply say "thanks" and that's then end of it? or should I not respond at all? im leaning more towards not responding at all, that is , if she even says anything to me. I think I will feel worse if she says nothing to me on my birthday than if she tries to contact me. her ignoring me on my birthday will make me feel even more rejected and confirm my beliefs that I ment absolutely nothing to her.

It depends on how strong you can be if she does decide to text you. But it sounds like you're not ready to have any contact with her. So ignore it if you can. You're still going to feel some type of emotion whether she texts or not. Just try to focus on having a good birthday. It's tough but you have to look out for your own emotional health right now. Good luck!

I think if you can handle the temporary feel good feelings of texting her back, then do it. Saying that, I wouldn't text much to her. A simple thanks would work. You're assuming a lot that she is going to text you, so be prepared that she may not as well.

If she does text and you text back. Don't expect another response. And I wouldn't try to start a conversation.

You can simply say 'thanks' and leave it at that. You could also not reply at all if you don't feel like it. You owe her nothing if she broke up with you. At 13 days your break up is still very fresh. Have a read through this:

link removed

If she doesn't contact you, don't read into it. Unfortunately, it is one of these situations where whatever they choose to do is going to hurt you. Contacting you would be giving you false hope and not contacting you will be making you feel even more rejected. In reality, given her decision to break up, not contacting you could also be viewed as respecting you by trying not to cause you any further pain. Good luck with your healing.

Personally, if its only been 13 days. I wouldnt respond. She can say happy birthday and you can read it but I wouldnt respond back with a thanks or anything. That opens things up to start a conversation and you dont want to go down that road.

But I agree with someone else post, she might not text you at all so be prepared for that too.

I was in your same exact spot some time ago. We were in NC for 2 weeks but I knew he would text me for my BD at exactly 11.30 pm and I even knew the exact words he would say (that's how well I knew him). So I prepared myself to just reply with a simple "thank you". I thought it was more mature than simply ignoring. Yet short enough to not give him any reason to reply back. He did text me the exact same words I knew he would, just he texted me 10 mins earlier than I thought.

So I think it's good that you try to prepare yourself in case she does text you, otherwise you might get all excited when she does and write her stuff back that you might regret (and this can happen easily especially if you haven't heard from her in 2 weeks and are celebrating your BD with a bit of alcohol on top of everything ).

So I would go with a simple thank you, but if she texts anything else.. then probably better to not reply anymore.

It depends on how strong you can be if she does decide to text you. But it sounds like you're not ready to have any contact with her. So ignore it if you can. You're still going to feel some type of emotion whether she texts or not. Just try to focus on having a good birthday. It's tough but you have to look out for your own emotional health right now. Good luck!

I think your right, regardless of what happens im going to feel something

You can simply say 'thanks' and leave it at that. You could also not reply at all if you don't feel like it. You owe her nothing if she broke up with you. At 13 days your break up is still very fresh. Have a read through this:

link removed

If she doesn't contact you, don't read into it. Unfortunately, it is one of these situations where whatever they choose to do is going to hurt you. Contacting you would be giving you false hope and not contacting you will be making you feel even more rejected. In reality, given her decision to break up, not contacting you could also be viewed as respecting you by trying not to cause you any further pain. Good luck with your healing.

thanks im going to read through the link

Archived