Asking someone out at the gym

Cal3582

Need some advice here, especially from the women. I just got back to going to the gym a few weeks ago and have been going every morning before work. I go around the same time, so I tend to see the same people. I've seen this same girl almost every weekday. I use a machine in the same group of elipticals every day and this same cute girl always jumps on one near me. She won't get right next to me, but usually 1 machine away even though there's 15 other machines in the row with nobody on any of them. I'd like to introduce myself and maybe ask her out, but I hate to be THAT guy at the gym. I know people don't like to be bothered during their work out. Is this a coincidence that this has happened nearly every day for 3 weeks? Do I just need to man up?

I would say it's a New Years resolution and she goes at the same time.

If you have a business card, time it to give it to her and say you'd like to grab a coffee or drink after work if she is interested.

She may be married, have bf, or anything else. So --- low key is best. And then you will know.

It's not a coincidence, she is working our an her workout goes along with hers.

Approaching girls at the gym is tough since many of the serious ones may get annoyed if they are really not looking for anyone...but some will take it as a compliment if your approach is respectful and LOW KEY as mhowe says.

If you get turned down just take it in stride smile, and be nice, you may have made a gym friend. I used to work at a gym, and would watch the different dynamics...a lot of guys were successful by being a friend and building up repertoire rather than going in directly for the number...but it all depends on the girl.

im a girl who is crushing a guy at the gym currently and it is going pretty well..i think?

for a couple weeks we would just look at each other…and catch each other giving eyes and smile… eventually he asked if he could rep in on a machine with me.. i GUSHHED. it took him a couple of attempts before i could look him in the eye, talk to him like a normal person, and not turn beat red!! lol

we finally introduced ourselves after a month probably, after i had asked him to teach me how to use a machine. i don't see him every day but i am working on asking him to grab a beer or something..

my advice is be CONFIDENT and sweet. go to the water fountain and make a comment or hop on the elliptical next to her..

it depends on the person .. because i would love if this guy would just ask me for my number lol…..

you can check out my thread.. theres a lot of advice on there!

Thanks for the replies everyone. I haven't done anything yet. Still see her almost every morning. My kryptonite=walking up to a stranger and introducing myself. I'm trying to muster up the courage, I really am. It doesn't help this is happening at 6am-7am and my brain isn't quite functioning. I'll get there.

Archived