How to deal with the urge to contact an ex?

Ruthlah

I met someone about two months ago and we really hit it off. We spent a fair amount of time together and then I started taking it faster than him. I became overbearing and scared him away. I have some abandonment fear issues that I am working on and so even though it wasn’t a long relationship (or even a relationship) it really hurts. After I started feeling the distance I wrote to him and said that I missed talking to him and wondered what was going on. He said that he just felt overwhelmed and wasn’t ready for so much so fast. I like him a lot and he is a great guy I will certainly see in the future (we play the same sport in a small country so we run in to each other a fair amount) and at LEAST to maintain a friendship with him I know I can’t contact him.

I just need some advice for how someone else in this situation may deal with this issue because this morning I woke up and really just thought, “well, saying hi isn’t so bad”. But I know that I can’t. How do you deal with this?? I don’t ever want to be awkward around him in the future because he is a wonderful guy

I just need advice please.

Let it all go. You have done enough, and said enough.

You cannot become a "text" buddy....because you really aren't even friends.

That way, when you see him at the next sporting event, you can be cool. Take the time from now until then to stop thinking about a future with him.

Archived