Feeling stuck

male2008

Hi

So a lot of things are happening in my life. I have been crazy busy and now there is like a down time where I cant really do anything in my projects.

Quick recap

A year and a half ago I quite my job and setup a company. Long time dream and I just had to do it.

First year I created 9 apps and got some notice on them but no real sales.

Then I had a project going and one other. The first project kind of started snowballing. I'm doing the book and the story.

Then I pitch the idea to a couple of tv stations and they want to see the pilot.

So I got out and found a production company that joined up with me.

Mind you that I have never done anything remotely similar. The people that are working on this with me are just hands off they do what I say. No initiative. So I feel this all falls on my shoulders.

Now the app is in programing. The production company is creating a story board from our script. There is a lot of excitement about this.

I found a editor for the other story and people are very excited to see this.

My problem is as follow

1: I cant do anything right now. I'm just waiting for other people to finish there part. I have been working day and night for so long and its difficult to just sit by.

2: I feel like a fraud I don't know what I doing. I know a lot of people feel this. But I cant shake it.

3: I have no money like broke. But nothing is coming in until I finish one of the projects and sell it.

4: I feel old. I´m 33 years old and I know it isn't old old. But I keep hearing and seeing about this 22 year old that did this and so on. It just bums me out.

5: Also I'm 33 years old renting an apartment with my GF and friend. Im broke and I never thought I would be in this position at this age.

6: I'm a fitness nut but I got sick and haven't been able to workout in 4 months and have 2 months left of recovery.

I really feel like I'm stuck, I have to get a job which means that my focus cant be on my projects. I feel like a loser being broke at 33.

I just don't know what to do?

Well, getting another job is always a possible option. It may mean you have to put your current dream on hold, or at the least make it a side thing until it is off the ground and able to support you.

Since you're a fitness nut, as you say, is there ANY sort of exercise you can do? Maybe not what you want to do, but something gentle yet still active? That would probably help you tremendously. Happy exercise hormones do a lot to boost our moods.

Yeah your right and it might not be a bad thing to go out and work with other people day to day.

The pilot wont take more than 6-8 weeks. Then I just need to show it and I will know for sure if they will pick it up.

They said all ready that they want it just need to see a pilot first to confirm.

Last week I was able to start running and do abs work. So I'm doing that.

Just sucks to have this happen and destroy what I had build.

that´s probably alot of the problems with my project. Im so close to a goal line and so afraid of dropping the ball.

Well Im feeling better. Im going out to get a part time job to earn at least enough to be safe. But also a job I can easily quite if my pilot gets picked up.

There is just a little part of me thats like omg that jobs beneath you. You can do much more. But thats my ego and I know.

Some times its to loud.

Well like Churchill said "never give in, never surrender" hehe

Well Im feeling better. Im going out to get a part time job to earn at least enough to be safe. But also a job I can easily quite if my pilot gets picked up.

There is just a little part of me thats like omg that jobs beneath you. You can do much more. But thats my ego and I know.

Some times its to loud.

Well like Churchill said "never give in, never surrender" hehe

But you kinda want a job that's beneath you at this time so you can treat the business as your real job. Good luck.

Archived