Is he really breaking up?

bwubs

My boyfriend and I spent the entire weekend together a week ago. everything was completely fine. he called me every night this week, hour long convos that ended with him telling me he loves me. On Thursday however, he said that day he felt different, and something changed in him, as if he could do anything. On Friday he called saying he wanted to hangout but he couldn't cause he was going on a business trip with his boss to a different city. I wasn't feeling very happy that day so I feel like my negative vibes threw him off a bit. He called me Monday when he got home and told me about what happened but didn't say I love you after. I know my bf isn't a cheater so I am not worried about that at all. Tuesday he didn't call me and tonight I texted him asking why he doesn't call me anymore (yes that was definitely being clingy). He called me and it wasn't the same, he was acting funny and got mad and hung up. I texted him asking what just happened. I told him if he doesn't want to be with me anymore he should tell me. He replied saying that if I was going to be negative that he didn't. then he proceeded to say that he hasn't felt the same since Thursday and he hasn't been thinking about me as much as he did before. he said he loves me and cares for me and that hasn't changed. but he feels like its time for him to fly the nest (whatever that means). I questioned the "change", and he says he cant explain it but he cant picture us together right now. I told him that last week he was so happy about being together. he replied saying "that was before the change". I said he wanted to hang before the "change". and he said " I wanted to hang out obviously. I still want to see you duh". He said it didn't change in a few days, it changed in a second (what??). he says he doesn't know why he feels this way. it makes no sense to me because on the phone on friday he wanted to see me this weekend!! now he doesn't want to be with me? people close to me are saying that maybe the business is getting to him, or maybe cause a lot is happening in his life that he needs to sort through. or his friends are influencing him. or maybe because I started to become clingy he got freaked out? or could he have gotten freaked out because he isn't used to dating someone so long ? I don't believe the "change" thing. I had this problem with him before. he wanted to break up cause he "may" have been traveling in the future. he was so convinced that he would never get tired of me now suddenly out of no where he is? PLease help im so confused. he said he would talk to me on the phone tomorrow about it. im scared.

I'm so sorry for what you're going through.

I don't think he's being honest with you at all. Frankly it sounds to me like he met someone else.

It's important to step back and give yourself some time to process and recover from what's just happened. Don't try to contact him at this point. Let your friends and family be there for you now and support communities lilk this one -- don't go to HIM for comfort or answers. He's not going to give you either one.

Just let go for now. Let things unfold. Right now it's about taking care of YOU.

Here's a guide that will help you: link removed

Keep posting!

If he wanted to break up before and you talked him out of it, it's likely that the break up has been sitting in the back of his mind the whole time and now it simply surfaced again. If you talk him out of this again, it will just come up down the road again. Do yourself a favor and let him go. Give him space to sort himself out, but don't hold your breath that he'll be back. Maybe and maybe not. Assume not and start moving on yourself.

6 months? thats a pretty short time. But if he rarely has girlfriends - he probably isnt ready to committ and i agree with other people, he probably found someone else.

I agrre with the others as well, if you talked him out of the first break up the idea to end things has always been sitting there in the back of his mind.

Im sorry you are going through this.

Archived