Dont know what I want in life

jemoeder

Hey all,

Ill try to keep it short and sweet

Im a 26 year old man. Single. Just about to graduate in July 2014 for my undergraduate degree. I worked since I was 12 in some form and have a lot of relevant work experience in several fields.

I dont fear change, however I do find it hard to make choices. Im always worrying about what choice will be the best and how it could affect my whole life, which paralyzes my decision making process a bit i guess.

So my 2 options currently are :

1. Keep on studying . Get a master degree and then work.

This will give me a chance to develop myself more on a personal level and professional.

2. Get to work this year and go into "real life".

As i know the field of work already, its a man dominated world. I will work long hours, have hard time to make room for personal life and the chances of meeting a new girl to give all my love to and settle down are severly diminished. In my family everyone met their life partner during college or before.

I am newly single once again after a long 4 yr disfunctional relationship. I fear that if I start working now, I will not get a chance to meet new people as much as I would as if I were to stay in college. I fear that if I decide to start working full time, thats it. I will work a lot, make good money but will be unfufilled on a personal level. Im scared I will turn into that 40/50 year old guy who still buys food for 1 in the supermarket.

Maybe because I am a newly single this is keeping me up sometimes.

What would you do in my position, and why?

Depending on your field, for some industries, getting a master degree doesn't add much value when you go out for job hunting. You could always work full-time and study part-time, but it's not easy for everyone.

As for finding a partner, I'd say focus on yourself first. Your view on things and relationship may change after you hit the real world. What's the rush?

Archived