Well me and this girl we will call Phoebe have been best friends for almost 3 years now. We usually go to school together and do stuff after school together. About 2 years ago I really liked her but back then I was to shy to tell her so we never went out. She got a boyfriend and has been with him for 8 months, I really dislike him for the way he treats her and I never really liked the kid. She is always upset and doesn't seem to be happy around him.

Anyway we have gotten really close over the past few months.

Situation 1

She got drunk and stayed at my friends house it was Phoebe, Monica, James and I. I was sober that night and looked after her as it was the first time she had ever gotten drunk. She was spewing and I was telling her it will be alright, holding her hair back all that yadda. I go back onto the bed and she follows saying thank you and that she loves me. She then begins cuddling me and holding my hand, it was a really good feeling for me so I continued. Also she lied to her boyfriend and he still to this day doesn't know she stayed there and did that stuff.

Situation 2

Phoebe, Monica and I stayed at my house. We went to the city and arrived back at mine at around 2am. Monica fell asleep very fast so we tried to aswell. We were sleeping together and she kept getting closer until her head was under my head on my chest and started holding my hand. She was not drunk and her boyfriend also doesn't know about this.

Situation 3

The most recent one last weekend she came to a party and she had a few beers aswell as I did. I was a bit tipsy and so was she, throughout the whole night we were very very close laying in bed, holding hands and all that. She then tells me how she use to like me back when I liked her and all these cute things I have done for her, she said and I quote "I remember last year I really liked you and one day it was cold and you gave me your jumper, I still remember that day, it was so good" I begin telling her how I liked her and I was to shy to say anything.

Anyway if you even read all that I need advice on this.

What should I do next?

Should I continue?

Should I tell her I like her?

Ask yourself only one question: "If she was your girlfriend, how would you feel if she was sleeping in another guy's bed every time she goes out to a party (or whatever)?"

If she does this to her own boyfriend, she'll do it to you too. She shows total disrespect for her relationship, her boyfriend and herself.

She's taken. Leave her be and find someone single and unattached.

Ask yourself only one question: "If she was your girlfriend, how would you feel if she was sleeping in another guy's bed every time she goes out to a party (or whatever)?"

If she does this to her own boyfriend, she'll do it to you too. She shows total disrespect for her relationship, her boyfriend and herself.

She's taken. Leave her be and find someone single and unattached.

We have had a very close connection for years its not like I have known her for a few weeks and shes doing this. I know everything about her and she knows everything about me. I can see what you're saying though.

We have had a very close connection for years its not like I have known her for a few weeks and shes doing this. I know everything about her and she knows everything about me

That's totally irrelevant. Just because you have known her for some years, you think it's okay for her to share your bed when she already has a boyfriend? It doesn't matter if you have known her for your entire life, it is just plain and simply wrong.

Would you honestly have no problem if your girlfriend was sleeping in another guy's bed every time she goes out to party? Seriously?

That's totally irrelevant. Just because you have known her for some years, you think it's okay for her to share your bed when she already has a boyfriend? It doesn't matter if you have known her for your entire life, it is just plain and simply wrong.

Would you honestly have no problem if your girlfriend was sleeping in another guy's bed every time she goes out to party? Seriously?

It's hard to say no when you're in love with her.

What matters is that she is still in a relationship and doing anything physical with you when she is drunk obviously doesn't count for anything if she is continuing to be with her boyfriend.

You have known her for years, but she has been in a close intimate relationship with someone for 8 months - this actually means that he and her know each other way more than you and her do. Yet she is still lying to him and sleeping and cuddling with another guy, and to be quite honest having very inappropriate conversations with you as well.

Do you see the way he treats her or does she tell you all about that herself?

Archived