Did he suddenly lost interest in me?

annie-47

I met this great guy a little over a week ago and we hit it off extremely well. We're getting to know each other and we both expressed that we like each other a lot. He asked me how far I have gone with someone before and I told him that I'm not a virgin, while he is a virgin. He seemed perfectly fine about it and it didn't look as though it bothered him at all. But now, a few days later he hasn't been texting me as much and when he does it's not very long or thought out like usual. I'm afraid he's lost interest in me because I'm not a virgin....

One of my best friends is a virgin and she's not religious. But with her it's probably different. She has major trust issues and no man is good enough for her, plus she acts super shallow. So there you have it.. there can be a million of reasons. If he asked you such a straight up questions, why don't you ask him a straight up question back and ask "does it bother you that I'm not a virgin". If he answers yes.. then move on.

OR set yourself a boundary where if a stranger asks you how far you've gone with someone - tell them it is none of their business and move on to someone who doesn't put that sort of stuff on a pedestal.

Experienced or not, basing whether you like someone on how far they've gone with someone in the past is shallow. Of course, if he is a virgin he probably wants to lose his virginity to someone who is also a virgin so the insecurity of being inexperienced isn't there.

However, there is still an importance put on virginity which I think is extremely limiting on someones preference in a companion.

It shows he is more interested in losing his virginity and the nature of which is does, than actually getting to know you as a person and potential girlfriend.

Archived