Had to refuse reconcilation attempt.. feeling so sad.

Today I met my ex after about 2 weeks LC (dealing with apartment issues). He said he realized I was the love of his life and that he wanted us back together. He suggested that I move back in. But he still did not feel any regret for his behavior nor did he change even a bit. And, honestly, I do not believe that in 2 weeks one can really change.

As hard as it was for me, I had to say no. And mentioned that his words were still not supported by any actions from his side, so there was no incentive for me to come back. He got offended and will not talk to me now.

I am feeling completely down. This time it really is over. As toxic as this relationship was for me, it was still a year of living together and I am having hard time realizing that someone who was so close to me, suddenly became a stranger.

Well, day-by-day, I hope it will get better. Sorry, just had to vent.

I commend you for your strength not to get back into the relationship with him. I know it can be very hard not to.

Yes, it's nearly impossible for someone to change in 2 weeks. I don't even think 2 months is long enough. But it's a big sign he did not feel any regret for his behavior. This reminds me of my ex who blamed me for everything and took no accountability.

I'm a big believer of "actions speak louder than words".

Try to be easy on yourself and look at how strong you were to not go back with him. That's a very respectable trait you have and one that should be praised.

It will get better. Take it day by day as you said. I have a feeling you'll be fine because you seem like a strong person.

The thought of being so close to a person for a period in your life and then afterwards being complete strangers has always bothered me. But that is the world we live in. That is how people are.

As for your refusal for reconciliation, I believe that was the right step and a very difficult one. I remember my ex asked me to give it another try and I refused. I never regret that decision but it bothered me for a very long time. Reason being because all the weight of the decision was put on my shoulders. My saying yes or no was going to change the outcome. And that is a heavy burden. Even if you think you made the right decision it is hard to swallow.

Pour yourself a drink, take a breath and have faith in your judgement. It will get better. Slowly but surely!

Archived