within 30 mins of FB chatting w/new girl, she changes pic. any sign?

bikeguy

i sent a friend of a friend a message just messing w/her and the next day she wrote me back. following that, we went a solid 4 hours of FB chatting and towards the end she says "thx, im ready for my prize." within this time frame, she changes her profile pic so a face shot (last profile pic change from her was 2 months ago. coincidence?)

i dont take the bait, but continue messing with her. yesterday we send a few messages back and forth, i pretend to know everything about her like some creepy stalker, and she says shes getting bored.

today i sent her a message saying me and my coworker were gonna go for a buffet next week and she should join. that was 2 hours ago, i saw she "Read" it, but nothing back yet.

we arent friends on FB either.

any thoughts?

i originally thought "new profile pic, awesome" , now im getting a slight disinterest. maybe i didnt take the bait quick enough. the only other thing i can think of is shes maybe trying not to act too interested

Should of asked for her number while conversation.

Inviting her to lunch with co-worker can be scary and risky. Is your co-worker male and single? I ask because she can like him for example. She doesn't know you that well.

Yes she was interested if you WERENT facebook friends and her pics are private.

Not really if shes fb friends with you and/or her pics are not private.

What are you scared of? Rejection hurts for only so long. If a girl randomly asked me out - i can come up with reasons as to why i would ignore it, 1 being because i dont want to flat-out reject her - but the fact remains i dont want to meet her that day, or so soon for that matter. So i might play the "too busy to reply, sorry... was it fun?"

But, it could be anything. I chat with women on fb all the time, we always flirt, nothing comes of it. I chat with some just so i can flirt and laugh, but i know if i ask them out they might say no, or not take me seriously.

If you want answers you need to risk it... there is no other way. This is far too broad to speculate what shes thinking. I personally wouldnt message her again though, its up to her to respond to you - but, you guys arent even fb friends, you probably arent that serious in her life for her to warrant a response - only thing i would do in that case is to be persistent and message her again- if and only if the conversation flows so well that each time you contact her time flies. But, this is like fighting in the dark though.

Sorry, i write how i think a-nd i write what i would do and what i think people should do, what i do i usually dont recommend - because i can hold grudges or get to careless sometimes. In the middle of that sentence i shot a quick glance at your original post and read that you said you are not facebook friends so i ended up shifting what i was saying. So, you are in effect... strangers... why would a stranger after one convo grab the ball and even play along- especially considering that fb is not a LET ME PROMOTE MYSELF AS SINGLE dating-site? If she does, great - but i personally wouldnt wait on it - though it can happen.

I would be persistent because i dont know her and she can slip into oblivion because there is nothing linking her to me. In other words i HAVE to become important to her. Chances are, she still might not care and was just wasting time with me - but who cares... i put my work in bro, dust off and move to the next. Plus, shes a stranger... what do i care if i am chasing or look foolish trying to get her attention... shes not important to me, just like i am not important to her to warrant a reply or focus. But thats just me.

well heres the thing, i will go out to eat regardless. she is also friends with my friend. they were friends first. so she has more than just me to warrant going. also, if i ask again, i come off as needy and whatnot. sometimes you just gotta take a non-answer as no.

ill report back if anything changes

well we had some more light flirting today, i asked her which monday worked better for her and she actually said the following one. so 12 days. she wanted me to guess her age stuff and then the convo stopped abruptly. i will take advice and wont initiate contact (or re-initiate the convo again) , just so i get a vibe SHE wants to talk to me. as of now, shes just been going along for the ride.

good idea, however i think after this last flirty-ish convo, Im deciding not to initiate further contact until she does. If i get nothing at all for 11 days, i would be pretty surprised. But if that were to happen, my initial thoughts were to send a message asking if we were still "on" for Monday, but then I get thinking if i get no contact at all for that long, she obviously lost interest.

Archived