encouragement for anyone going through a breakup.

kimberlydawnx3

My ex left me almost one month ago, I thought I was pregnant and he left, no breakup, no goodbye, just a simple good luck and he hit the road & hasn't spoken to me since. I was devastated, I cried, I begged, I honestly wanted to die. BUT I picked myself back up. I've been through a lot, I have an anxiety disorder and have fought & beaten an eating disorder twice, I've had my fair share of storms. I missed my ex so bad, all I wanted was for him to wake up, miss me, realize the mistake he made & change into my Prince Charming. He didn't, I watched him for weeks chase after a girl & thought to myself if he had put that effort into me and us, we'd be perfect. So I stopped, I deleted him, I made a choice to set myself free and love myself. His mom decides to contact my mom saying she understood he hadn't spoken to me but wanted to know how I was and if there was gonna be a baby. Ridiculous, huh?

I'm not here to tell you that you're gonna get your ex back, that the no contact will bring him/her back and you'll have everything you want. It might, but it might not. No contact isn't a way to get someone back, it's a way to get YOU back. You will slowly put yourself back together, there were days I had to fight every single ounce of urge to text him or I'd pray and pray I'd have a text or a missed call, now it would honestly be weird for me to pick up the phone & try to contact him. It would ruin everything I have worked for and he is not worth that.

My heart isn't exactly healed & I can't sit here and say I'm the happiest or I'm completely over him. It's a process. It's a day by day thing, it's baby steps. There are days I miss him. A break up is never easy, it's not something anyone plans for, nobody wants to hurt. But realize your worth, realize that you deserve to be happy and if someone really loved you, they wouldn't want to hurt you. The right person will come along and love you to the point where you feel like your love couldn't measure up to their love. Don't rush, don't feel like you have to move on if you're not ready, don't feel like you shouldn't be hurting anymore, hurt all you want, nobody has a time limit on grief, you lost someone you loved, it's okay to hurt.

You will heal, you will smile again, you will laugh again, and one day you will look back and realize how strong this made you & that person who broke your heart will realize the amazing thing they walked away from.

Time heals all wounds, just give yourself time. And next time you're thinking about beautiful things, don't forget to count yourself in.

@kimberlydawnx3

Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

I got a really awesome inspiring moment from your words. I will keep hanging on to myself, for myself, by myself.

I truly wish you the best of luck in your future.

Thanks again for your words.

I'm glad, I can only hope to be an inspiration to anyone during their storm.

Archived