So, I ran into my ex today at the coffee shop I usually go to. She sat right behind me for a good fifteen minutes. She looked at me frequently, I played dumb as I didn't want to start a scene, but I feel like I should have called her out for sitting so close to me and constantly looking in my direction as I felt she was playing some game. Anyway, I left feeling all the feelings of the break up all over again. What made the situation worse was how she moved on so quickly with a guy she emotionally cheated on me with and another guy who she is now dating. She has been dating this new guy for about a month, and I know it is her attempt to move on. I understand the psychology behind it, but I just feel like she did not care about my feelings in the slightest. I have not received one apology for any damage she has inflicted upon me. In fact, the only apology I have ever received was this: "I am sorry for hurting you, but I can have sex with whoever I want and I still can." This was a week after the break up as she was with the guy she emotionally cheated on me with. No remorse for anything. How could my ex have moved on so quickly after all the good I have done for her? Though we had some bad times, love was always present, I always showed her how I cared and appreciated her. In fact, she would call me her knight in shining armor. How could she move on in a month? Was I that worthless, was I disposable? She completely ignored my attempts for couple counseling and therapy the day of the break up. Now, I know she is happy in the arms of her new lover. She spends every single day with him, and feels isolated if she can't see him. How could I have been so easily replaced?

Man you are not worthless. Don't ever tell yourself that. Take this as a gift, a gist of new opportunities. Hell that might sound corny, but it's true. I am getting over my ex as well at the moment and I don't know if my opinion will weigh in on you, but you just have to remember this:

NEVER FIGHT FOR SOMEONE WHO WILL NOT FIGHT FOR YOU.

Love isn't like it is in the movies. This is real life and real life relationships is work. My parents (married for 35 years) said that when their is something wrong, you fix it. You don't give up. Your EX did so, which is what you have to understand.

Don't put yourself down. Don't cry to quite, cry to succeed. You're already in pain. You're already hurting. Get a reward from it!

That reward is what YOU want to do and what YOU want to achieve. Don't give away your power to her, but more importantly don't give away your happiness. Emotions are real so BE SAD. But don't let it define you. Easier said than done. Yes. But you WILL BE OKAY.

You have to realize that when someone moves on so quickly that they weren't emotionally available to you in the end of your relationship and that they're looking to fill a void instead of being able to move on like an emotionally mature person, on their own. Your ex did you a favor by walking away. My ex did the same with me and it just showed the type of person he is and that I dodged a bullet. I do feel sorry for the new girl but I'm thankful it's not me.

Don't worry about it. My ex left me for the rebound guy while we were "reconciling." He's cheated on her twice already, and had a gf the entire time from another state. It hurt to see it, but I know he's not me. I've made my mistakes, but have never disrespected her by cheating or any other form of abuse. Find peace in know in knowing when you wanted to fix it, she gave up. You did all you could.

Archived