Made a drunken fool of myself, how do I smoothly recover?

Amp33

Just please let me note, I am not a big drinker anymore.. This doesn't happen to me often..

I went to the bar on the weekend, and I got more drunk than I should have. My "first love" was there. We've been good friends over the last few years, hangout every once in a while and talk every couple of weeks. We're on good terms.. But he showed up at the bar this weekend.. and my drunk ass made a pass at him, and at the end of the conversation I told him that I will always love him. Holy. . I've been beating myself up about it all weekend.. I am more embarrassed than words can describe... Do I text him and explain to him, or just leave it alone? He knows me, he knows I've always been this kind of stupid when i'm drunk, so I'm sure hes not surprised.. But again my embarrassment is overwhelming. What do you suggest I do?

It depends ... Is what you said true? Do you still have feelings for him?

- if you do: be quiet, don't say anything about it and hope that it blows over

- if you don't: text him/call him/however you guys normally talk and just say "Sorry about the other night, I was pretty drunk. That was embarrassing". That's really all you need to say. If he's a good guy, he'll laugh it off and tell you not to worry about it.

I couldn't help but laugh. I'm pretty sure he's onto the alcohol talking part. My ex made a pass at me yesterday, she's the same with alcohol... and I'm sure she had plenty. I respectfully declined her solicitation - dealt with the resulting akwardness - and she apologized the next evening. You can do the same OR just never bring it up again (plead the 5th).

Ouch that was painful to read.

Do nothing.

Also be honest with yourself and acknowledge you have a drinking problem.

Yes, you do. No, it doesn't matter that you don't drink very often. When you do, it gets out of control.

That matters.

Archived