loosing weight?

I am trying to loose 10 pounds before summer...I am not a big girl but I would like to be a bit smaller than I am. I have never tried loosing a large amount of weight just tried to stay in shape.

What works best for those who have lost weight?

It is really hard for me because I am a FOODIE....I love food and I cook almost everyday...

There's no one thing that works for everyone.

In general, you need to consume less calories or expend more energy or both.

Since you only want to lose 10 pounds, I would suggest trying link removed.

It's a little ironic considering your username is martymoose because "loose" rhymes with "moose". The verb pronounced looze is "lose".

10 pounds isn't an unreasonable goal within the next 3 months give or take. I have started to cut back on the amount of carbohydrates I eat, as well as increasing the amount of water I drink. I also began walking for an hour every day at least 3 times a week. I expect to trim at least 15 or 20 pounds before summer arrives. I have found that increasing the amount of cardiovascular activities I engage in while also cutting as many simple carbohydrates out of my diet as possible is enough to trim down as quickly as possible. I will sometimes include fat burning supplements, as well. I will be rooting for you! I know you can do it.

Same point. Some how I put on 15 pounds in a month- I never fluctuate so I believe going on birth control is the culprit. I'm feeling really bad about myself and can't fit into my clothes (recently diagnosed with endometriosis which bloats me out and makes me feel pregnant). I think my hormones are a mess plus I suffer from anxiety and horrible migraines and fatigue so any sort of exercise is hard (the pain from the endo makes it hard to stand sometimes) so any tips would be appreciated! Good luck to you- I wish I had more to offer but you have my support.

Well I think that losing weight is really easy, it all has to do with calories consumed and calories burnt.

In 14 months time I have gained 7 kilos, lost 9 and then gained another 3 ( my current weight ).

If you want to lose 4.5 kg ( 10 lbs )that requires you to burn 34650 calories ( since 1 kilo is 7700 calories ). Say you want to lose them in 3 months, you need to cut off 385 calories from your daily intake. ( 34650 calories / 90 days = 385 calories a day ).

That is without working out at all, add a couple of cardio sessions per week and you will be ready before june!

1 Sleep 8 hours, no less

2 either cut the amout of food by weight (eating less calories), or divide meals in half (so no 3 big meals, now its 6 small meals every 3 to 4 hours)

3 Cut bad food, this isnt rocket science

4Train in something that has you sweat. You sweat, you burn calories - do something fun that it can become a routine in life.

Only thing that might need to be modified from above is 3, because if it doesnt work... you arent following 3.

• 4 weeks later...

There is no magical solution to losing weight. What works for one person does not necessarily work with someone else.

There are 3 (yes I said 3) key things you need to look at when it comes to losing weight:

1) exercise

2) nutrition

3) emotions (the one nobody thinks about)

1) and 2) are obvious and including eating well and exercising, calorie counting, etc .... so I won't dive into those.

However for those people who seem to be doing 1 and 2 properly but are still not getting results, it is often the case that the weight is emotional. Holding onto emotions such as sadness, feelings of emptiness, not wanting to be noticed or seen, etc ... even at a subconscious level will have a huge impact on your ability to loose weight. This isn't the case for everyone, and it is rarely mentioned, but it is something everyone should be looking at as part of their weight loss regime.

One tip is to ask yourself "If I make my ideal weight, what's the absolute worst thing that could happen ?" I've seen answers such as "my friends and family will be jealous and no longer love me" which the individual had no idea they felt this way until they asked the question. These types of things have an impact on that weight loss struggle. Things like lack of motivation as well are present because of beliefs and emotions such as fear of failure.

Hopefully this helps if anyone feels "stuck" in their weight loss struggle ... these things really are quite a bit more common and less obvious than most people realize.

nbreau, that is a very nice approach towards loosing weight. I refer to emotions that you discussed earlier.

Emotions/psychology do play a majestic role in our bodies. I believe every single one of us has been through a phase, after a break up or a loss of a person, that we cannot eat not matter how much hunger we feel.

What has worked best for me the past couple of years is to not care about other peoples opinions whatsoever. I do my own thing, for me, and dont really care what others might say. I was perfectly fine and confident with my body when I was chubby, I do feel the same now that I have abs and stuff!

People around me have slightly changed the way they "treat" me but it doesnt matter to me.

Guys, and ladies, DO YOU OWN THING!

Do what you want to do and dont listen or care about others, haters will always be haters!

And please dont forget that Rome wasnt built in a day!

Archived