Potential for one night stand to turn into something more?

iridium

Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this.

I'm from New York and was in Boston this weekend for a conference with friends. While there, I met a guy, let's call him Scott, who is friends with a couple of my friends, lives in Boston, and was also attending the conference. We were in meetings together almost the entire weekend but didn't talk much until Saturday night when all of us went out. After some flirting and lots of drinks, we ended up back at his apartment and had sex.

He was very sweet and cuddly and told me how glad he is that we met. In the morning, I had to leave for a meeting but he was eager for me to stay. About an hour after I left his apartment, he texted me and said it was nice to hang out with me and that I'm always welcome back if I ever need a break from New York. Later in the day, he sent me a Facebook friend request, which I accepted.

At first, I intended on this just being a one night stand because I hadn't had sex in awhile and it seemed to make sense. But looking back, and having browsed his Facebook page, I think we're really compatible and I find myself smiling when I think about him. The problem is we live in different cities, and I'm not sure how he feels.

Any advice/analysis would be greatly appreciated!

Ummmm....my ex and i met one night. Lots of drinking and dancing, and finally at 3 in the morning....ummm...yeah. Saw him the next day too. Problem? He was just in town for the weekend. He lived 4 hours away. He acted like he liked me and i said "if you want it to work, i will make sure it works.".....and i did. For 3 years...almost 4 if you count the time he waffled between me and his newfound love....

How many hours is there between you? My sis married her guy that she met online....90 min. away. My bro married his gf that he meet online...2 hours away! For me...anything is possible if you want it enough. I adored my ex bf...and even tho the 4 hour drive was the pits...especially during the blizzards....i did it!

I think that the fact he said you're welcome back if you need a break from NY (as opposed to asking if he can visit you some time) means that he's not interested in pursuing a long distance relationship with you. You could be FB buddies and see if anything more will develop. But I'd be careful if I were you...leave the initiating up to him.

Archived