Is there something wrong?

Mike H

I'm looking for some advice/opinions on my new relationship. We have only been together a month but in the last week I've noticed a change in her..

Since day one sparks have been flying so to speak, daily contact, flirting etc.. However, I stayed at her place on Wednesday and since then she seems a little distant. But.. She still txts, up to now I'm staying at hers again during the week and she hasn't said anything is actually wrong.

My doubts come from the fact that she now sometimes takes ages to reply to me and the messages are a lot shorter, she has stopped saying stuff like 'cannot wait to see you again' & 'you make me smile'.. Another thing, which I don't know if I should be bothered about: She always used to put 3 kisses at the end of a txt, now it's only 2 (?)

Maybe it's just me, I don't know.. It may be worth mentioning that she was the one who gave me her number, she suggested we meet up and she asked me to stay over. Hopefully you guys/girls can shed some light on the matter.

Another thing, which I don't know if I should be bothered about: She always used to put 3 kisses at the end of a txt, now it's only 2 (?)

Maybe it's just me, I don't know..

It's you. You are insecure. If you think there is a change in texting behavior ask yourself 1) how important is texting to a relationship? and 2) why can't I man up and talk to her about my concerns?

Hi,

I hear what your saying, I do sometimes have a tendency to overthink things. But in the past I have been correct on several occasions about this sort of stuff, so for me to dismiss any negative thoughts is abit naive if you know what I mean..

Insecurity is extremely unatractive, so your past could well be a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy.

Ultimately, what's the point of agonizing? You can't change or control what someone feels or does. The only thing you can control is you and you being the fun confident guy is goung to more likely ensure lasting attraction than you being a dude who is counting xoxo at the end of the message and making that an issue.

Anyway, it's normal for a relationship to normalize. Nobody can sustain the initial rush forever. If you get flipped out dvery single time the normalizing happens, you'll drive oeople away.

Your right, my past does seem to haunt me whenever I enter a relationship.. I agree with you and think it might be better to just go with the flow and let whatever's going to happen, happen.

It wasn't really about the amount of x's at the end of txts, I just thought I'd mention it. I have suffered from anxiety in the past and it may have came into play a little here.

Thanks for you input, I appreciate it.

Archived