I don't know what to do.

twitttter

I'm single, but this guy I really like has a girlfriend. I know what you're all thinking, "Stay away, he's taken"... But he likes me back. We go to school together and are in the same circle of friends. My friends have told me that he's said on many occasions that if he was single, he'd be with me. I don't know how that makes me feel.

He doesn't know I like him, so it's not like he knows and just isn't doing anything about it. I feel like I'm missing out. Do I tell him? Would it be wrong to?

I'm single, but this guy I really like has a girlfriend. I know what you're all thinking, "Stay away, he's taken"... But he likes me back. We go to school together and are in the same circle of friends. My friends have told me that he's said on many occasions that if he was single, he'd be with me. I don't know how that makes me feel.

He doesn't know I like him, so it's not like he knows and just isn't doing anything about it. I feel like I'm missing out. Do I tell him? Would it be wrong to?

If he likes you back how come he isn't with you and has a girlfriend? You're trying to justify reasons why you two should be together. He's not single. If you were his girlfriend, would you appreciate another girl going after him so blatantly?

Maybe you should tell him you are interested, or actually tell your friend to tell him. Believe me if he's into his gf then nothing will take him away. He's not married, you're not married so there is nothing to feel guilt about. Being bf & gf is not married, he is not off the market.

My friends have told me that he's said on many occasions that if he was single, he'd be with me. I don't know how that makes me feel.
Yes, stay away, he's taken. I can understand why this comment confuses you, because he isn't single, yet he's talking about who he would be with if he was single? I feel badly for his GF. It's like he's already got one foot out the door.

twitttter, if they do break up, then you can either tell him or have your friends tell him that you like him. But, if he were to find out now and break up with his GF to be with you, it would be more drama than you would like to go through. Also, it would tell you a lot about what kind of person he is, because he would likely do the same to you.

But he likes me back. We go to school together and are in the same circle of friends. My friends have told me that he's said on many occasions that if he was single, he'd be with me.

Key phrase being "IF he were single" but he isn't, so whatever he says doesn't matter. Don't let him cheat on her with you or you'll find him cheating on you with someone else in the future. I personally now have nothing but contempt for people who say things like this, because what they're really saying is this: "I want to cheat on my SO, but I can't just say that since you all will think less of me, and besides I'm either too much of a coward to break it off with my current GF/BF or I really like the idea of having two people at the same time." So instead they play the "if only" song hoping to make themselves seem less skeevey to themselves and others. But it doesn't really make them less skeevey and you should be feeling POed that he's even mentioning you as an object to potentially cheat with while he's with another woman.

Seriously cut this guy dead and distance yourself or you'll find yourself in a world of hurt soon enough when he keeps feeding you the line "if only it were the right time to break up with her..." while he still never does.

Archived