He broke my heart. Why do I want him back so badly?

BrokenHearted8

My work is moving me away and I just have no saying in it. I tried to find another job, but I didn't have enough time (I'm still looking). I have been in a relationship with an amazing man for 2.5 years. He was going through a tough time at work and was also looking for a new job. The moment he learned about me moving awy, he started to become distant. He broke up with me two months ago because "he needed space and time to focus on himself" and "he's not happy with himself" etc. I can't help but feel that the main reason for the breakup was because I was going away and he did not want to face it. He said it has nothing to do with that. He said that the relationship was one sided lately and he's going though a lot that he can't focus on a relationship.

Anyway, I loved this man so much and I'm going crazy after he left. How can it be so easy of him to just walk away? Why do I want him back so much? He hurt me so badly and I just don't know how to live my life anymore. Of course I kept my self busy, rely on friends for support, do new things, etc. But nothing's helping. He's gone and I'm

Still holding on to hope of him coming back. Why do I want a person like that back? He's basically selfish and a coward. He run away when things started to get tough. I usually have more self respect and walk away gracefully, but I can't seem to be able to let go of this one? What is wrong with me?

You just need time. It seems like when it came down to it, he was not ready or willing to commit to you long-term. I suspect your move was the catalyst for his reflection but not the reason for the breakup. I just don't think he was envisioning you as part of his future.

Now, I know it's hard to see this but this is a blessing for you. You don't want to be with someone who does not want to be with you. That is absolute torture. You would have felt unloved and frustrated that things were not progressing.

For now, you just need time to really accept it.

Archived