JSB

I recently stopped seeing someone about 2 months ago that I'd been seeig for a year. We became really close ..my family loved him including my kids. This is the first guy that id ever felt so strongly about. We kept in touch for a month after we stopped seeing each other but I pretty much pushed him away by not giving him space. I tried everything to get him back. I have cried on and off for the last 2 months. I used to see him like 3 - 4 x a week, talk every day...I lost a really good friend. When I feel like I am gettin better I think about him and feel worse. There are some days at work that I can concentrate , I've been to psychics, im always drained but some days that all I want to do is sleep and talk to no one..when I dont want to leave the house. I'm a strong woman I don't know how this is happening to me. I literally feel sick sometimes.. I have talked to friends about it and feel better afterward but go home and feel the same. I can't rely on anyone else to make me feel better but I don't know how To change it. I know most people going through a break up go out with friends and keep busy by going to the gym. I go to work and come home to my kids (having to fake how I feel so they don't see it) I try to hold it in. I don't know when this will end. I have to get out of this "funk" but I don't know how. I would never hurt myself but I don't feel like I can go another day with these emotions .

I've been to psychics,

I understand, grief can feel like depression or even lead to it. Depression is a chemical imbalance and can be acute (as with grief) or become chronic. That's why instead of spending your money on psychics, spend it on a therapist instead.

A therapist will assess you to determine whether your grief (which is natural and normal) might be causing a condition that may benefit from treatment beyond talk therapy. However, you'll be presented with options, such as monitoring as you incorporate exercise and other natural methods of changing your chemistry and combine those with talk therapy--or you can be referred to an MD who will work ~with~ your therapist to monitor you on medication.

Never good to just run to a regular MD for antidepressants without also using talk therapy to monitor effects. The two need to work together, but many people benefit from talk therapy alone. Adding exercise is important to correcting depression--it's why so many grievers go to the gym!

Yes you are probably depressed. I became depressed a few months ago over a break up. I attempted suicide once. I never went on anti depressents but was given tablets for my anxiety. I quit them after two weeks as they turned me into a zombie. I drank, smoked, looked into psychics, spellcasters,god, astrology the darkside anywhere i thought i could get help and get him back. How stupid was I. I struggled at work and nearly lost my job. Honey you just need to hang in there. The pain gets less. I wont say i am over it (6 months later) but i feel better. I am a volunteer firefighter and getting more involved in that has helped, it gives me a focus. This website is a great help too. People dont judge, they just understand and give great advice. Have alone time but try to mix with other people. I find volunteering is so rewarding. I help,at a soup van too, i come home liking myself for helping those less fortunate.

Hang in there, it will pass, i promise

Archived