My classmates who don't like my current boyfriend in class

history2m3g

I have been dating my classmate Sam which likes to make fun of my ex boyfriend in class and i do not like it and then my ex boyfriend makes a threat to me and my boyfriend everyday and i agree with my other classmates that my current boyfriend should stop teasing my ex boyfriend. What should i say to my current boyfriend to stop teasing my ex boyfriend and what shoukld i say to my ex boyfriend to make him stop threatening my current boyfriend???

Wow how old is he? 7? As far as threats, your boyfriend brought this on himself and is also dragging you into it. Not cool.

I would be as blunt as possible. Let him know straight up that you find his behavior in a college classroom childish and inappropriate. He is bullying your ex and instigating drama... Why?! Everyone, including you, are paying money to be in that classroom to learn, and Sam is disrupting that environment. I would be furious with him and probably discontinue dating him before he causes you to flunk out with his drama.

And let him know that if he doesn't knock it off, your relationship with him will be over because you do not date bullies or immature little boys in college. And if he does it again, dump his ass. No second, third, fourth, etc. chances. As an adult, he should know better. His behavior is highly unacceptable that you need to follow through with what you say.

Honestly, no relationship should have to come to this. Personally if it were me, I wouldn't play nice and straight up drop him as a boyfriend because he's an attention seeker and needs to grow the F up.

Either give him a warning and the choice to act like a grown man, or say "You know what? The hell with you," since college age women don't put up with guys who have lack of maturity.

I agree with Snny.

This guy sounds like a child and a bully. I would definitely confront him and tell him to stop. Give him an ultimatum if you must. I'm willing to bet that you don't want to continue dating someone capable of this much animosity. If he values your relationship he will see that he is hurting you by doing this. By the sounds of things, he is interfering with your other relationships as well. Chances are it will only get worse if you let it.

The other item to consider is that this sort of harassment could cause him to be suspended or expelled. Clearly he is more concerned about belittling this person than looking out for his future. Drama queen anyone? Plus, doesn't exactly show good judgement.

I've never quite understood why a current boyfriend would hold animosity towards a previous boyfriend, especially if they've never met. I've experienced it a few times and I think it's a sign of their insecurities. I also find it very much a turn off that a boyfriend would hold more distaste for the ex than I did.

The other item to consider is that this sort of harassment could cause him to be suspended or expelled.

Colleges are so liberal these days that you have to do something extremely severe than just verbal harassment. I was openly disrespected and personally attacked by a classmate in college for my political/religious views on several occasions (it was a debate writing class, so there was no way to hide your political values). I reported him to the professor, department chair, and dean for disrupting my learning environment, having my student rights violated, and being openly disrespectful... they did nothing except told me to switch to a different class.

I am normally against giving partners ultimatums since they either backfire or rarely work. In this case, the OP wouldn't lose anything if she has to drop this guy. It's a win-win situation for her.

Archived