Just when I thought we could work it out

I posted about this yesterday. My ex who I thought I was working things out with stopped talking to me after the weekend. She went out both nights and today a friend tells me that a mutal friend of ours who was also out couldn't give him a straight answer on if she went home with someone or if she's talking to someone...ughh feel terrible and shaky. How do you deal with THAT?

Thats horrible and it sucks when you get your hopes up just to get them brought back down again. I feel the same right now and the only way i'm coping is writing in this forum and allowing myself to feel a little crappy for a while. Maybe once we get this horrible feeling out of our system we'll be able to move forward. I'm really not the best person for advice right now but I wanted to acknowledge your feelings and let you know that you're not alone ...we can do this.

I know the feeling man, my ex and me started hanging out about 5 weeks after our BU trying to work things out and take it slow. Then i found out she was hanging out with me and then sleeping with another guy on the side cause she wasnt "ready" to get physical with me yet.... She was just using me for emotional support... I was completely devestated, i have been 3 weeks NC today and it has not been easy, but i guess her true colours and commitment to me came out. I deserve better, as do you.

Yup, my wife tried to do the same thing recently. Throw out a few breadcrumbs...

What I've learned? Once they leave, throw their crap out on the lawn right after them, and wish them the best in life.

Whether you take them back or not (if they ever even come back), must be met with a whole set of new "outlook" rules right away. If they are unwilling to commit, throw them out again. If they love you, they would be willing to do anything to fix any real or perceived problems.

Dumpers are good at playing games when it suits them. KNOW the dumper. KNOW their game. And have the BALLS to deal swiftly and effectively with their ways, should they try to snake their way back into your life.

I know the feeling man, my ex and me started hanging out about 5 weeks after our BU trying to work things out and take it slow. Then i found out she was hanging out with me and then sleeping with another guy on the side cause she wasnt "ready" to get physical with me yet.... She was just using me for emotional support... I was completely devestated, i have been 3 weeks NC today and it has not been easy, but i guess her true colours and commitment to me came out. I deserve better, as do you.

Nothing like finding out theres other women (or men) in the picture. He told me he couldnt date me bc he had too much going on....3 months later (and 1 miscarriage) turns out he was actually taking women out on dates.

People can be such scumbags.

Archived