My job is horrible, what do I do?

Jetta

I got demoted and now I'm in a factory like setting with hourly goals and cumulative hourly goals that are astronomical! I tried my best today and could not make it, I'm in day 4 of training and I hate it with a passion. I dread going to work, I'm exhausted when I get home. It's horrible horrible horrible. I cannot say this enough. They belittle you instead of train you they are just awful! I want to quit before I get fired, but everyone says just wait to be fired and then you can collect unemployment.

The fact is it's a large company that has good positions and I would possibly like to work there elsewhere which wouldn't be an option if I got fired. So what do I do? I'm performing the best of the group of us who got demoted and they're still awful because non of us are making their lofty goals (FOR TRAINING!)! I'm stressed beyond belief, people say forget it HOW? It's my life right now and it's a horrible one at that.

I've had 4 interviews and nothing. Got several rejections still waiting to hear from 1 possibly 2 of the positions but it's looking bleak. As it's been a week and no word so that's never a good sign. I just have no will anymore. No will to try no will to look for work, nothing. It's completely draining me being there and I've got no where else to go right now. I'm just so sad. I cannot tell you how awful it is, it just is.

I've worked there before and the staff has seen me around, the Assistant Manager said he'd see about getting me transferred to their area, it's similar work but I was successful there. I'm not sure how to bring it up again, I do see him most days and did say I was interested, how do I say I'm urgently interested!?

I've worked there before and the staff has seen me around, the Assistant Manager said he'd see about getting me transferred to their area, it's similar work but I was successful there. I'm not sure how to bring it up again, I do see him most days and did say I was interested, how do I say I'm urgently interested!?

Say something like, "The work in my new area is fine (even though that's a lie), but I feel like I really thrived in the other area. Will anything be coming up there soon?" You could even mention what you did enjoy about the other area, if you want to seem really enthusiastic.

I got demoted and now I'm in a factory like setting with hourly goals and cumulative hourly goals that are astronomical! I tried my best today and could not make it, I'm in day 4 of training and I hate it with a passion. I dread going to work, I'm exhausted when I get home. It's horrible horrible horrible. I cannot say this enough. They belittle you instead of train you they are just awful!

Quit. A job is no different from a relationship. If they demoted a group of you, they don't respect you.

I want to quit before I get fired, but everyone says just wait to be fired and then you can collect unemployment.

I would only wait to be fired if they were firing to cut costs. Otherwise, why would you let yourself get fired for cause (ie. incompetence). How could this help you?

What if you need a reference? Do you want them to say they had to fire you because you couldn't cut it?

He's got no sense of urgency - it's your problem not his.

I would tell him (next week) that you intend to give notice "this week". Ask him if he thinks that there's any real chance of you being transferred.

Suggest you go see a lawyer or local community law centre and ask about "constructive dismissal". Find out if it's available. Find out if you can establish it and what remedies are available. Find out whether accepting this new position would affect a case for constructive dismissal.

I would put all of this in an email if he has no sense of urgency like toby17 is saying.

I have noticed these men and women pay more attention to the emails they are getting and less attention to the urgency in someones voice.

"This is just a follow up to the conversation we were having on (day), as I was saying - "

And then yes, keep it positive. No "I HATE THIS PLACE!" haha, just "I found that I thrived much more in -area- "

I agree with everybody. I understand you wanting to wait to get fired so you will have unemployment, but i believe you can contact unemployment and explain your situation and tell them you feel you are being forced out. You may have some recourse for unemployment even though you were not fired or laid off. It's worth a shot.

On the more metaphysical side, we attract that what we are focusing on. Especially when it's with emotion. so you may be creating what you actually don't want. Try to do some visualization of what the perfect outcome would look like for you. Really get into it with emotion. Write it down in the "I am",ie I am loving my new job, I feel so content, I'm making twice as much money and come to me easily and effortlessly...I just wrote a little ebook on this. It's free, you can find it in my signature. I can't post a link here.

I misunderstood the guy he said cross train basically as a way to help if they get too busy and can't keep up so it's not a transfer. Anyway I'm sticking with it, it's a paycheck and I need the money. They've eased up a little but some people have been fired already, just biding time I guess. I'm improving and am still the highest in the group but not high enough.

Archived