This 'day' really sucks

I didn't even care about V day before I got into a relationship. Now... now I'm struggling not to think about what the girl I love and the guy she cheated on me and ran away with are doing...

Why do I even care anymore?

I hope he fs it up.

I think is pretty normal. Best thing to do is keep yourself busy. I'm going to a wine tasting with friends that night, gym and cleaning in the morning.

This is definitely a normal feeling like MoonTiger said. Just stay busy tomorrow and try to think of something fun to do for yourself or with friends. It's just another day and realistically, I personally never remember or think of VDAY. It wasn't important before. No need for it to be important now.

Thanks everyone. Spotti, I am definitely trying! I've been practicing some mindfulness breathing techniques, and I've really upped the anti on them the last couple of days. Been playing the track before I go to sleep, when I wake up in the morning, on the bus too and from work. I'm starting to pull together some determination to put this behind me. I wish I didn't still love her, but I don't think there's anything I can do about that right now. So I'll just do my best to put my mind in the moment.

You've got to stop torturing yourself with thoughts of them. However you can accomplish that, do it.

There are usually "anti" Valentine's day things going on - have you looked into any of those?

Archived