What does that make me?

I'm a girl.. I've had several girl crushes, and they were all pretty strong. Some even lasted for years. I had only few boy crushes and they'd only last for weeks and they didn't feel strong or genuine.

However, I feel like I'm sexually attracted to boys, not girls. I mean, I can see myself having sex with a boy, but not with a girl.

So I think I'm sexually attracted to guys but romantically attracted to girls. I've never really was in love with a guy, but was crazy in love with few girls. And I usually pick love over sex so..

What does that make me? Gay? Bi? Or what?

I'm 17 btw if that will matter

My opinion is that sometimes its hard to put a label on things. You said you are 17, what is your experience like with sex in general? Have you had sex with a boy, you said you "feel" like and can "see yourself having" sex with a boy. But have you actually had sex with a boy? Or a girl?

My advice would be to explore your sexuality within your moral boundaries to get a better idea of what makes you happy. When I was younger, I explored relationships with both sexes because I just wasn't 100% sure what I was. Some people are 100% sure right from the get-go, I suppose I was worried that somewhere down the line I might realize I prefer one to the other and it was too late. Once I actually did have sex with a girl however, I realized it just wasn't my cup of tea. It was nice to fantasize about, but in reality it just didn't do it for me. I found myself sexually compatable/wanting a man more then a woman.

Sometimes fantasy and imagining what you enjoy is not really on par with reality. Maybe sit down and think about what it is that you love about these women, is it just their personality and style, or is it the curve of their bodies and such? What is it about boys that you like? Maybe if you explored just what it is that you are finding yourself attracted to it might give you a better idea of what direction to possibly go in when the time is right.

Good luck!

(Im a girl) I had the same thing happen to me when I was 17...I started realizing I was in love with my best (female) friend. I didnt tell anyone except for a couple close friends. I explored it. I met a couple of girls that were lesbian and bi. I dated one lesbian and messed around with a lot of other girls. It was fun but thats about it. I want to spend the rest of my life with a male, I know that is what God has planned for me. Nothing wrong with being a little bi-curious. You should explore it! embrace whatever is in store for you!!

Archived