Prom problems! Asking this friday

Mandophon

Basically, I've decided whom I'm going to ask but now I'm trying to sort out the details. Now I work with her tomorrow (Wednesday) and THIS FRIDAY. I'm planning to ask her on the friday. Now here are my questions:

1) Friday is Valentines day, do you think that will have any effect on me if I asked on that day? People I have asked have gone both ways!

MY IDEA TO PROMPOSE is this: when we're alone (or i get her to be alone with me), I give her a rice Krispie (she likes those) but on the package where little kids write their names, is the word "PROM?" and I would take out a dozen roses from my bag and get on one knee.

2) Please comment as to how good or bad that would be. But the problem is, WHAT WOULD I SAY? just a simple. "Will you go to prom with me or what????

Basically I've sorta hit a roadblock There's this girl that goes to the same school as me and works with me as well and I want to ask her to prom. Today at work, EVERYONE ELSE WAS LATE TO WORK BUT THE TWO OF US. It's like someone's trying to troll me lol! Anyways, I causally asked her if she got asked to prom yet and she sorta hesitated and didn't give me an answer. For the life of me, I can't seem to be able to understand what that meant!?

Also, really nervous right now, any advice on calming my nerves would help alot! I think it has to do with the fact that she's really popular for her grade and I'm not nearly as such!

many thanks for the advice and replies!

You are asking her to a dinner and dance, not a marriage proposal. No need to dramatize it honestly.

Personally, the whole roses and getting down on one knee is extremely overkill and pressuring. How would you respond if she turns you down? According to your post, your both are not currently dating... So... Honestly, Be relaxed with it.

If you do want to ask her out, why not ask her take her out on a date and bring it up then after you get to know where her feelings are about you?

Okay first I think it's wonderful that you are planning this out...you sound very romantic and your date will be a very lucky person indeed!

But....get down on one knee? A dozen roses? A special rice krispie? This is cute but over the top...The roses and treat I could see for someone you are in a serious relationship with...but is this just a girl you like? If it is, this is too much in my opinion. And the down on one knee? No way....that will evoke insane anxiety in this person as they will think you may be proposing marriage...My advice is to follow your heart and do what you think is best but keep in mind where this girl is coming from and don't overwhelm her.

I see what the OP is talking about, I have a 16 year old daughter. It is the current fashion (and a great one, I think!!) for guys (and girls...) to ask their dates to prom/homecoming etc., in very elaborate and creative ways!

My daughter got invited to her first homecoming with a heart shape made of Diet Coke cans (she loves Diet Coke lol) in the backyard, and in the middle the cans spelled out "HC?" And my oldest daughter got asked to her first prom with a huge display of luminary in our front yard, leading to where he was kneeling, with flowers. It was gorgeous.

These days, it's the creative ways that are in vogue. Nothing like my prom dates! These kids really know how to have fun! Good luck OP, I love your idea, it's totally awesome.

The only thing I hesitate about is the girl wasn't clear when you asked her if she'd been asked to prom. Maybe do some undercover research on this first. But your idea of asking, is great! Please keep us updated! And...good luck!

OH JEZZ. Thank god, I asked on the forum, I honestly didn't want to go with the one knee thing, I just saw a couple guys do that to girls that weren't their girlfriends and I thought that was how it was suppose to go. I think I'll stick with the rose and the krispie and straight up ask, there's no point in overthinking this! Thanks!

I causally asked her if she got asked to prom yet and she sorta hesitated and didn't give me an answer. For the life of me, I can't seem to be able to understand what that meant!?

I think it has to do with the fact that she's really popular for her grade and I'm not nearly as such!

Which might have been the reason she hesitated. Look, I hate to rain on your parade but if she is really popular and you aren't... she may have no desire to go to prom with you. It is high school, after all, and unfortunately high school isn't the height of kindness for most people, I remember far too well the cliques and just how nasty some people could be -- and there wasn't all this pressure with promposals and such. She may not want to give you any encouragement in that direction but didn't want to hurt your feelings since you are obviously a really nice guy and she has to work with you (she also sounds very nice). I know that this is only going to ratchet up your anxiousness and I'm not saying don't do it... just don't pin all your hopes on her saying "yes!" and it being awesome and everyone being jealous of you taking her to Prom etc. I'm sorry, but I can't help thinking that if she wanted you to ask her, she would have blushed and been more coquettish about it than she was. I think you're smart to keep it to when the two of you are alone, just in case it doesn't go as you hope it will but I wish you luck with it!

Ah yes! the harsh reality that I must face! Well honestly, I think this would be the only real opportunity to really use the term YOLO I mean I'd rather ask and get an answer than hit myself 2 yrs from now for not even bothering to ask! Thanks guys for the input! Keep them coming! I'll tell y'all how it goes!

Archived