chai tea replacement?

wai

ok so my dad has diabetes. He loves Chai Tea. He drinks it everyday since he was a little kid. Does anybody know how to make fat free, sugar free Chai Tea? Can I use vanilla syrup as sugar replacement? or if you have any other recommendation, please let me know. Thanks in advanced.

Chai tea has zero fat and zero sugar. Unless he is getting those chai lattes. It is best for him to expand his tastes and try a cup of chai tea straight up. Diabetics can certainly have lemon in their tea and squeeze a little but of a piece of fruit maybe. Also, why not go a tea store like Teavana where they can custom mix a tea and he can try things to find something he likes? Also, sometimes diabetics can have honey because it is way more complex than regular straight sugar as long has in moderation and he balances the meal out with enough protein. I am not a doctor, but have diabetic relatives and they can do a little bit of honey as a sweetener or squeeze a piece of fruit into something because it is way more complex. As long as they stay away from a lot of starches and straight sugar that day it is just fine for then to have a small bit of honey.

I like to use unsweetened almond milk to make chai. Perhaps he can get used to the unsweetened taste? Almond milk is lower in fat than real milk. I think they also have unsweetened vanilla almond milk which might taste a bit better. Also look into coconut sugar, I think it might be ok for diabetics but not sure. It tastes almost exactly like regular sugar. Can he have the sugar that's in fruit? You can make sweetner from 100% apple juice by making it into a syrup. I try to eat very little processed sugar but I'm not diabetic so I don't know if these alternatives are safe for him.

chai without sugar is fanatastic. I used to work with this Indian lady who would brew up some real chai for us all, and there was no sweetener in it and it was fantastic, but she never would tell me her spice blend recipe!

Anyway, coconut palm sweetener is good as a sugar replacement, and is diabetic friendly. It doesn't raise your blood sugar as high as honey or maple syrup do, and it tastes like brown sugar. It's a bit pricey though

There is also date sugar--basically powdered dates. I have never used it personally, but I do use date puree a lot to naturally sweeten my oatmeal. Dates are really sweet though, I don't know where they fall on the glycemic index so I don't know if date sugar is ok for diabetics

chai without sugar is fanatastic. I used to work with this Indian lady who would brew up some real chai for us all, and there was no sweetener in it and it was fantastic, but she never would tell me her spice blend recipe!

Anyway, coconut palm sweetener is good as a sugar replacement, and is diabetic friendly. It doesn't raise your blood sugar as high as honey or maple syrup do, and it tastes like brown sugar. It's a bit pricey though

Is Coconut Palm sweetener and coconut palm sugar the same?

Archived