2 Months after break up, parents suggesting some form of life rehab? help?

So this morning my parents approach me of getting out of my current environment and going to some sort of life rehab place to sort myself out, i dont even know if such a place exists. Im sure some of you know my situation already and all that has happened in the past 2 months, and it has rocked my world in a way that makes me not feel like myself. Im still clinging to some hope of reconciliation in the future one day, 6 months-a year. But i know i need to be happy on my own before anything like that could ever happen with her or someone else. Does anybody know of any program or facility like this? I dont have addiction or alcohol problems but may just need a break from life and to get help and sort things out. My parents are so sick of seeing me in pain everyday and just want their son back. Just cant get her off my mind everday although i stay very busy. Any thought?

She actually is your addiction and it is destroying you. Addiction isn't just about drugs or alcohol. So yes, that kind of a deal would be immensely helpful to you. I think you should go for it. The fact that your parents finally confronted you and suggested something like that should tell you just how low you have sunk. They are right - they want their son back and it's high time for you to take some serious steps back toward regaining yourself and living your life better than you have been.

I guess I am confused about the problem the current environment presents since it sounds like you are already out of the relationship? Personally, if I realized I needed some help, I would start with a Psychologist and see if they recommended me in or out-patient therapy.

Your parent's are speaking from a place of love so it's possible they aren't thinking as clearly or aren't as knowledgeable on this issue as an experienced professional would be.

Personally, if I realized I needed some help, I would start with a Psychologist and see if they recommended me in or out-patient therapy. Your parent's are speaking from a place of love so it's possible they aren't thinking as clearly or aren't as knowledgeable on this issue as an experienced professional would be.

I agree..That would be the best start!

I agree, I am in therapy and have been for the last 6 months. You NEED to deal with it. You need to get talking about your life, with someone and see IF they can help you?

By sounds of it, you may also be dealing with Depression, possibly? Therefore, you should go see your dr and speak about it...

Im in Cipralex for my anxiety and Elavil for my depression- along with the therapy right now.

IF, in the end you still can't see to 'function', possibly you could consider something I had many yrs ago. A Sanitarium, where you DO take a break from all the issue's of 'life' for a while and deal with YOU.

I was in for abt 6 weeks.

Wish you the best, I KNOW how hard it all is. Keep going, okay. And yes, I agree with your parents as it sounds, they are concerned and they care for you. Give them a hug and say, 'okay, I want to do something'.

Take it easy.. one day at a time.

Tc

I just wanna feel myself again, like i did during the relationship and before it. To feel human again, i dont know what i can let go of her or the hope of reconciliation in the future although i say it all the time, and write it down, and try to convince myself. Its just like my heart knows what it wants and wont let go for a long time...

If it helps, I actually knew a girl who went through a program like that. She was pretty much obsessed with her ex and became extremely self destructive. Her parents sent her away to a rehab type facility. I don't know what all they do, but I can tell you that in her case it was incredibly effective. She came back with her head on straight and thinking clearly again. A large part of what makes it effective is the complete change of environment and complete immersion of yourself into the therapy. If it's something you can afford to do, do it. Much faster than spending months and years crying to a local therapist in a never ending cycle of depression and despair and medication.

Archived