Guys - do you want/expect a gift on Valentines Day?

person100

Hey folks.

Quick question for the guys here (or the ladies who have some input :subdued: ) Do you expect a gift from your girlfriend on Valentines Day? Even if it's a relatively "new" relationship? If so, what kinds of gifts do you enjoy receiving? I find guys tough to shop for!

Given that I think Valentine's day is just another in a long line of exploitative commercialized "holidays", no, I do not expect or want a gift.

Valentine's day is no more than regular date night + flowers. I only buy flowers because, ah what the hell, it's only once a year. I resent subsidizing the florist industry.

Hell, most valentines days we don't even celebrate ON valentines day proper because of the insanity getting a seat at a restaurant.

I don't drink beer, and I don't have cable. Sorry for not fitting your stereotype.

I would like something small but has some meaning. My hobbies are guitar, running, photography, to name a few. So something like a guitar shaped key chain. If a woman bought me a road bell for my motorcycle I would be hers forever. Small stuff like that is more important than grand gestures. Tends to work good the other way around. Any dufus can get a girl flowers.

I'm giving my boyfriend homemade shaving cream and a bolo tie (which he wears when he feels "fancy" haha). It's our anniversary soon, too, but I'm seeing these gifts as a combination gift.

Valentine's Day isn't so hugely important to me, but I see it as an opportunity to give personal and heartfelt gifts. Plus an excuse to spend the evening out.

Ohh mhowe I like!

I kind of flip on both sides when it comes to VDay. I think it is HIGHLY commercialized but I'm a very giving person and I love to see people smile when they are given a gift I've really thought through. Yes, I do little things for the bf often but VDay gives me a reason to be mushy

Ohh mhowe I like!

I kind of flip on both sides when it comes to VDay. I think it is HIGHLY commercialized but I'm a very giving person and I love to see people smile when they are given a gift I've really thought through. Yes, I do little things for the bf often but VDay gives me a reason to be mushy

One of his love langauges is gifts --- he likes GETTING them...regardless of how small, if they are "geared" to him.

As he ALWAYS cooks dinner (being a chef), and he loves doing it --- it is my "present".

And, he will get me flowers and a card....thus making it differnt from every other Friday night!!!

My least favorite of the love languages is gifts!

I don't know if it was for Valentine's day or not...or his birthday...hmmm...but i know i have given him 'gift cards' of sexy things i would do for/to him....lol

Of course i always did that WITHOUT the cards to...but it's the "thought" that counts.

Hey Sportster...another thing we have in common. I don't drink beer or have cable (or dish) either! I also don't run...but i do eat chocolates!!!

My least favorite of the love languages is gifts!

I don't know if it was for Valentine's day or not...or his birthday...hmmm...but i know i have given him (ex bf) 'gift cards' of sexy things i would do for/to him....lol

Of course i always did that WITHOUT the cards to...but it's the "thought" that counts.

Hey Sportster...another thing we have in common. I don't drink beer or have cable (or dish) either! I also don't run...but i do eat chocolates!!!

geez it's been almost 3 years since the break up...and i still talk about 'him' as in HIM rather than EX! sigh

Personally i think Valentines day is a joke. I don't celebrate most holidays due to religious reasons, but this day is really silly.

I buy my girlfriend presents at random, if I'm out and about and see something she'll like I'll get it and it's a total surprise, and she does the same.

Archived