changing his mood

lisapoynter

Hello, I'm new here! I joined because I really need some advice here, seems like I'm doing it wrong...

So, very quickly: My ex broke up with me about 9 months ago, we have talked a few times then and now since the break up, mostly initiated by me (I read TEXT YOUR EX BACK by Michael Fiore) and he initiated the conversation on my birthday with a birthday text, most of then with neutral responses. In november, we saw each other at a night club, he came and said hi to me, and his friend told my best friend (girl) that he got pale when he saw me. Then some likes on Instagram, then he unliked them so I went very emotional and I texted him something like 'make up your mind before it's too late' and he played the bad guy attitude saying stuff like 'late? late for what?' so I ended the conversation saying 'you know what? It's not worth it, good night' I unfollowed him on Instagram, he unfollowed me a week late and we didn't talk for a whole month. We met again at a wedding that was in late January, again he came and said hi to me, then basically ignored me for the rest of the night. Since that day he keeps posting tweets (We're still following each other in Twitter) about betrayal, like 'I don't believe in love', 'Opening your eyes hurt but it's necessary'... Then a week later, he saw me at a night club again, this time I said hi to him.. then by the end of the night I texted him a good night text, it was nice to see you... nothing to personal.. he replied 'thanks and same to you'... he is like hurt now, not when we broke up, but NOW! Or like trying to deny his feelings, he is like mad at me about something I have no idea, maybe he got really mad because at the night club he saw me taking pics with my friends and having a good time but I'm totally in love with him, I'm not dating anyone and I haven't either, I love this man, I don't want anyone else.. he keeps posting stuff like that and like he can't trust anyone, no one is forever in your life... and that kind of stuff.

I want to change his mood, support him, he tweeted 'I don't give a about anyone' so I tweeted him back 'don't give a damn about bad people' with a funny dog picture to make him smile, he didn't reply... and today it was the same he got sad and I texted him something he always told me... trying to cheer him up, and he hasn't reply yet probably he won't...

any advice?

we dated for about 2 years, and it's our second breakup....

how could I change his mood? making him trust and believe in me again... I feel like texting is not working, he ignores me but obviously he does not feel good!

It sounds to me like he doesn't like losing his perceived control over you and not having you chase him. When he thought he had you everything was great although from what I read his responses to you were still pretty lukewarm. And the unliking started with him, so don't apologize. It sounds like as long as he's the dumper he's okay with how everything goes, but when he saw that you weren't going to keep chasing him then he got mad and of course is now playing the victim. What a wimp. I say delete him, go NC and find a guy who won't play games or get upset when their game-playing backfires on them and you don't let them get away with treating you like crap.

Good for you for sticking up for yourself, now just end it for good. You gave the guy two chances and the relationship still didn't work out, so it's time to learn from the experience. There are guys out there who won't do weird games or passive-aggressive stuff that they then suck you into playing as well.

Hi Paris, thank you for Reading me and having the time to write on my post. I understand what you are saying, it's like everyone say that to me haha! But he doesn't have a good family relationship, or support around him, he doesn't have a good self-esteem and it's like he feels he doesn't deserve it. He had a cold heart before we met, and he saw that change with me, even his whole family told me, he changed in a good way when he was with me, he felt happy. and somehow he went back to that cold heart again... I can't leave him alone in this now, my heart doesn't allow me to do it, I just want to make a way to make him trust or believe again, I just don't know how or I haven't figured that out yet... It's been 9 months, and I'm still here, I just realize I love this man

Archived