Why is he ignoring me?!

crsr2014

This guy and I have been texting, and we've been talking about hanging out. I was out of town until this Sunday, so he told me to get ahold of him so we could make plans to hang. My phone charger busted and I couldn't get to the store, but last night he texted me and I didn't get it until this morning. I texted him this am asking what his plans for tomorrow were and I didn't hear anything back. He was sharing stuff on Fb, so I figured he may have not gotten it and texted him like a half hr ago saying hey. and I still got nothing, but he's still online. I'm kind of bummed because I have no idea why he's like ignoring me.

Maybe he really isn't interested. You texted him 2 times and he hasn't responded, yet.

Don't wait around on him. Just go on with your life. If he responds, then you can decide what you want to do. Otherwise, life is too short to wait on anyone.

Edit: Just saw the post from Annie and I misread your post. I thought it said that you texted him what happened. Agree with Annie - it would have been nice to tell him what happened so he can get a perspective of what happened and patch his feelings if he was upset over you not responding in a reasonable amount of time.

If he gets upset and ignores you, because you didn't answer his text overnight then um, this is someone you probably don't want to date or have in your life to begin with. People who get that offended that easily before you've even met them is a really big red flag. You've texted him twice, he's ignored it--i.e. either having lost interest or by now being passive-aggressive. I say you don't reward the bad behavior and move on to finding someone else who's not such a jerk about getting their feelings hurt over something so ridiculous.

if he is upset over that, I will rethink talking to him again because it really is childish. I have met him before, and I have actually known him for like almost 10 years now? We just recently started talking more and actually flirty like.

If he gets upset and ignores you, because you didn't answer his text overnight then um, this is someone you probably don't want to date or have in your life to begin with. People who get that offended that easily before you've even met them is a really big red flag. You've texted him twice, he's ignored it--i.e. either having lost interest or by now being passive-aggressive. I say you don't reward the bad behavior and move on to finding someone else who's not such a jerk about getting their feelings hurt over something so ridiculous.

Yea, I have no idea what is going on. I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt because he seemed really excited about hanging out when I got back home, and sometimes I get caught up in something and completely forget about texting someone back. I just don't even know, I really like him and that's why it's bumming me out so bad.

Maybe he really isn't interested. You texted him 2 times and he hasn't responded, yet.

Don't wait around on him. Just go on with your life. If he responds, then you can decide what you want to do. Otherwise, life is too short to wait on anyone.

Edit: Just saw the post from Annie and I misread your post. I thought it said that you texted him what happened. Agree with Annie - it would have been nice to tell him what happened so he can get a perspective of what happened and patch his feelings if he was upset over you not responding in a reasonable amount of time.

it's not an excuse. my charger has been messed up for a couple weeks now, and the it finally stopped working yesterday. I wasn't going to run out to the store to get a charger when I knew I was going to go to walmart this am.

I am sorry...but "my phone/charger died" is known as the lamest excuse in the book!

Seriously... I have 2 house chargers and one car charger.

And I hate my phone.

I was at the fair on Sunday and my phone died. It's one of those things that happens at the worst times...maybe HIS charger broke too...?? Or he lost his phone...or his dog ate his phone? Lol...

Kidding aside....if the guy is butt hurt over you not texting him for a day, then move on....

I have been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I don't know how I'll feel if he's trying to get back at me for not texting him back right away. It's just annoying because I'm finally free tomorrow and really wanted to see him and he's like blowing me off

I was at the fair on Sunday and my phone died. It's one of those things that happens at the worst times...maybe HIS charger broke too...?? Or he lost his phone...or his dog ate his phone? Lol...

Kidding aside....if the guy is butt hurt over you not texting him for a day, then move on....

Another possibility is that because your phone died, he might have tried texting you but you wouldn't receive them. My phone only will receive texts when it is on but won't when it is powered off.

There is no doubt that you should have explained your charger problem to him from the start. It is not a lame excuse as it is the truth. It is till not too late as it sounds like you really like him. If he chooses to ignore you after the explanation, obviously he does not want to go any further.

Regardless of what you should have told him, he would have assumed the worst to begin with and probably prepared himself emotionally for the fact that you're not interested in him. However, this is clearly not the case, whatever story he has made up in his head is on him and with you texting him not once, but twice - you have definitely made a big enough move to show him that you are, in fact, still interested. If he is enjoying the games and the chase - this is not the kind of guy you want to be with. Also, if he is actually still annoyed that you didn't text him and he is ignoring you this is also someone you'd want to avoid.

However, he might not have looked at his phone in a while. He could have been using facebook on his computer and his phone could be in another room/ out of battery. Either way the ball is in his court now and if he doesn't respond then leave him to it. It could also be that the texts haven't sent, if your phone is being iffy (or is it just the charger?) maybe if he is on facebook and you don't feel like it's too much of a pester you could just say "hi, did you get my texts yesterday - my phone has been a bit strange lately and was just double checking". Hey it might be annoying but then at least you will know definitely if he doesn't respond to that.

As far as the charger if you knew it wasn't working properly then you should have told him that in advance "in case you don't hear from me right away....". My sense is that the plans were kind of tentative to begin with and just to hang out so he probably made other plans. If people really want to get in touch, they do (and that goes for both of you).

You're completely right. He isn't online much, but I saw him online a couple of times yesterday and it had the phone icon by his name, so I know he had his phone.

I was thinking of messaging him once more, and then calling it quits but I didn't want to seem like I was being clingy or whatever.

I think sending yet another message sort of saying "heyyyy, are you ignoring me?" might give off a clingy vibe, however - if you are concerned that your phone isn't working due to his sudden disappearance then I'd say you've got nothing to lose. If he is ignoring you because he's lost interest, the added facebook message isn't going to change anything. If he's ignoring you because he still thinks you're not interested then at least there is an explanation of your phone not working in there so perhaps he will realise you do genuinely want to meet up.

After this though, if there's still no reply then cut your losses. If it only takes a weekend for someone to lose interest then I doubt they were ever truly interested to begin with

You're right, I just seriously didn't think it was going to break because it was working, but the wire was twisted near where you plug it into the phone. We hadn't made concrete plans yet, we were waiting until I had got home to figure out when we wanted to do something.

As far as the charger if you knew it wasn't working properly then you should have told him that in advance "in case you don't hear from me right away....". My sense is that the plans were kind of tentative to begin with and just to hang out so he probably made other plans. If people really want to get in touch, they do (and that goes for both of you).

You're right I just sent him a text saying "I think my phones acting up, so I'm not sure if my texts went through from yesterday, but I'd like to hang out today if you're free."

If he doesn't text back today, I'll just be done with it. Though, I can't say I'm not bummed. I have been interested in this guy for a while and thought things were finally falling into place with us, but it obviously wasn't meant to be

I think sending yet another message sort of saying "heyyyy, are you ignoring me?" might give off a clingy vibe, however - if you are concerned that your phone isn't working due to his sudden disappearance then I'd say you've got nothing to lose. If he is ignoring you because he's lost interest, the added facebook message isn't going to change anything. If he's ignoring you because he still thinks you're not interested then at least there is an explanation of your phone not working in there so perhaps he will realise you do genuinely want to meet up.

After this though, if there's still no reply then cut your losses. If it only takes a weekend for someone to lose interest then I doubt they were ever truly interested to begin with

Archived