How do I let go of the resentment?

StillHopeful88

Long story short I removed a friend from my life. This person was a negative influence on me and I finally feel like I'm myself again now that this person is no longer in my life. The only problem I have now is all this hidden anger and resentment I have. I don't want to go into details, but lets say another person is involved in this and I feel like this friend came in the way a LOT. How do I let go of this anger? I know I'm better off and I'm progressing exactly how I want to be in life, but I can't help but have this anger at the back of my head.

I work out all the time, eat healthy, and have a pretty balanced life so how else can I "clear my head" and let go of these toxic feelings?

I suggest that you keep yourself busy all the time. I know a lot of people will say that to you, but that's the only way that'll help you. Study most of the time, for example. Studying will keep your mind busy and at the end you'll feel good of what you've accomplished. Listen to happy songs and music. Try to befriend other positive people, and be in contact with them always.

If those thing still didn't work for you, just be patient about it. Know that for sure you'll forget it all with time. Time can change a lot of things, trust me. You'll not be that angry forever. It might take a while, but it'll end for sure. And try to do the above simple tips.. Who knows, maybe they'll be a lot useful than they seem.

When I was going through a very difficult time in my life where I also had this latent, innate anger that I couldn't shake, I found it immensely helpful to go to the gym, since you are already doing that, I would suggest practicing regular meditation, as is also very helpful to rid your mind of persistent angry/resentful/negative thoughts. It's super easy to do, just look up mindfulness meditation, or find a meditation class. Also reading books by the Dalai Lama really helped me too, to help gain perspective on forgiveness and letting go of negativity.

Archived