In August, my ex-boyfriend of a year and a half broke up with me out of the blue. He was everything to me and I loved him very much. He went out and partied a lot, posted a picture of a girls boobs and more.

On Thanksgiving, he sent me a text and called me saying he messed up. I was so emotional and upset that I went back to him. During this time, he continued to state that he did not know what he want but that he wanted but he wanted to try things out when we were older. It was emotionally exhausting because I loved him so much and I wanted to be with him.

In December, he left for vacation and I tried to explain how much I would miss him and that I hoped he would have a good trip. His answer was so cold and I decided after six months of being emotionally abused, I realized the only way to heal was to let go. He could not have me anymore.

He came back from his trip and sent me texts asking "hey, how are you" ... I did not answer. Then yesterday, he came to my work with his family. I tried to ignore him but I ended up saying hi. He just nodded his head and walked away. I cried at work because I realized that I will not be able to be his friend for a very long time. I feel horrible because I did not want to ignore his texts but he hurt me too much. I love him a lot and it's hard for me to think that we're done forever but I can not do it anymore.

While he was on vacation, my bestfriend of five years admitted he had feelings for me. He lives in another city but he has been nothing but kind to my heart. I am not sure what to do. I still love my ex boyfriend regardless of how he treated me and I so badly wish things could have worked out between us. That being said, I know that it's best for me to move on. What do I do? Do you think my ex boyfriend will ever regret how much he hurt me?

Your not ready to move on just yet, but know that down the track things do get better.. Those feelings will slowly subside and you'll get over him. It's not easy, but we have all gone through it, some worse than others. Stay strong and surround yourself with family and friends that love you. You didn't deserve to be put through that, and it's quite sad.. Letting go of someone you love is the hardest thing, but in this situation it's for the best and you'll realize that soon enough. The guy in the other city sounds like a very nice guy, and someone who would treat you right.. If he's into you, he'll stick around.. Just be friends for now and see how it goes and do your best to keep yourself distracted from thinking of your ex, he's not worth your thoughts.

Archived