benefits of being single

So, everyone always says to enjoy your newfound freedom now that youre broken up. You have more free time, more money for yourself, and of course you can work on self improvement and loving yourself. I just wanted to get some others opinions on this because while im happy im no longer in a a bad relationship im not happy being single! What are the other benefits in your guys opinions?

1) more time in the gym;

2) no fear of being "caught" while legs hair removal (not sure this benefit applies to men

3) walk around the house in comfy pajamas and no make up (very tiring to look ur best all the time while SO's around, especially mornings);

4) no need to entertain/program activities/act as translator when they visit your city/country;

in general more freedom to feel good in my own skin, less obligation/tasks.

Freedom - not having to schedule, coordinate, compromise, call, be accountable for/to, etc. I can do what I want when I want how I want with whoever I want. No explanations, no planning, no discussions.

Honestly, I think it just takes time to become comfortable with being single. We are all creatures of habit and I think the hardest part about a break up is that you also have to break up old habits that you developed while with someone and form new ones. It's not a comfortable or an easy thing to do for most people and does take some time and perseverance.

Less relationship stress (are they lying/cheating etc) thus a more positive and happy you!

the anxiety leaving from being with someone who is not investing in the R.

these are things that only really occur in bad relationships im more asking what's good about being single not what's good about being out of a bad relationship

.....um...not only legs!!! And i'm thinking that is what is meant...teehee

Best part of being alone??? As far as i can see....nothing.

He worked 12 hour days while i was up there with him...so i had PLENTY of time to mow the lawn, do the dishes, shop, sight see, landscape, stain woodwork, watch tv, eat......

Everything i WANTED to do, bike, hike, swim, fix up the house, etc...i did with him.

Haven't hung out with gf's since i was 19 and 20....lol Then they all got married and had babies!

Just looking at the damn moon is so much better if you have someone to turn to, and say...."ahhhh....look at that full moon". When i wasn't with him, he use to call me to go look at the moon....sigh.

Benefits:

Your mind re-focuses onto you

What do I want out of life?

You do things that make you happy, and don't compromise with anyone else

You have more time, A LOT of time to do new things

You don't need to come home

You can sleep with whoever you want

Archived