Kinderblut

My ex gf who dumped me about 2 months ago happened to be behind me in the lunch line today at college (coincidence?) after 14 days of NC. She immediately started talking to me about how she'd been and what she'd been up to, so I was put in a position where I simply had no way of ignoring her. I then told her about all the positive changes I'd been doing in my life, like joining the gym (she already knew, somehow) and additional volunteering, and all my musical projects, also trying to spread some additional good vibes but keeping it brief, and she responded saying she was "glad I was happy". I quickly terminated the conversation when I'd paid, with a "I'll be in the library - see you", and that was that.

Do I have to start from square one? I was really hoping to get to day 30.

Just go back to it --- there isn't a rule book.

You cannot avoid speaking to someone who is speaking to you.

However, you don't need to tell her your planned where abouts.

And --- she is glad you are happy. It isn't anything more than that.

It sounds like you handled yourself fine. I wouldn't call that breaking no contact. If you run into your ex, you just need to be friendly and keep it short and sweet.

I don't know the specifics of how long you were together or why you broke up, but I think the point of no contact should be to get over the ex. I've been dumped and spent unproductive time after the break-up over-analyzing every time I ran into the ex. It's not healthy and just leads to more stress. If she wants you back, she will reach out to you. Right now, you should consider her history and start talking to other girls. The sooner you do that, the sooner things will get back to normal. It's out of your hands so just move on with your life and if she reaches out to you, well, that's something that you can deal with if and when it happens.

Yes, it is breaking NC but it's not the end of the world. You were put in a situation where it would have been extremely rude to blow her off completely, so I don't blame you for engaging her a bit. However, you shouldn't have started advertising all the changes you are making. That's information which she should have to earn the right to know, not stuff you should be advertising for all who will listen. Basically, short, polite and non-detailed should be your play if this situation comes up again.

Archived