How are you handling Valentines Day?

I am going out with my single friends for a night out in London! I have never really been into V Day (nor was my ex so I know that we would have probably just done someting at home). I'll let you know if my feelings change throughout the week but at the moment I do not care so much.

For me Vday is a cheesy commercial holiday celebrating sugarcoated concept of love, I never liked it anyway. It is depressing, all these shops with cheap red decorations, implying something like passion. Ugh.

I wish it was a day for celebrating concept of love in general - love to a human being, love to your neighbour but it is not.

Last year for V-day I surprised my dad and my son by bringing them both take-out dinners from their favorite restaurants, gourmet pizza for my dad and sushi for my son. They really loved it, so I'll probably do that again this year. My dad's recently widowed, and my son doesn't have a boyfriend -- so I think they'll BOTH really appreciate the gesture.

I think it's nice to celebrate the day by acknowledging the OTHER people in your life that you love, especially if they don't have romantic partners either.

I actually didn't even notice it was almost valentines day lol. Now that it's been brought to my attention, I don't really care... my ex hurt me on that day and I told her not to talk to me for a good 24 hours till it blew over and I could communicate my feelings properly. It was one of the 2 times I got really mad at her.

I thought more about vday at the beginning of the breakup than now to be quite honest.

Ironically, I have options, but I could care less, as its just a typical Friday to me. I don't get caught up in the commercialized hype of this day. Never have and never will. I'll be happy for all the lovers around the world, but I'll definitely be smiling brightly at my bank account.

Last year for V-day I surprised my dad and my son by bringing them both take-out dinners from their favorite restaurants, gourmet pizza for my dad and sushi for my son. They really loved it, so I'll probably do that again this year. My dad's recently widowed, and my son doesn't have a boyfriend -- so I think they'll BOTH really appreciate the gesture.

I think it's nice to celebrate the day by acknowledging the OTHER people in your life that you love, especially if they don't have romantic partners either.

When I was in college, my father would send flowers to me and my 3 suite mates!!!

You are right --- make it special for someone else!!

Head to an assisted living facility and hand out carnations! You will make their day!

Archived