Does he like me, did he just want sex, or am I just wasting my time?

Alidan

I met this guy about a month ago now. We would talk a bit everyday. I invited him to an open mic i was performing at because he wanted to see me perform. when he got there, we talked a bit, i sat on his lap and he held me close because he was trying to help me stay warm. After sitting on his lap for a little while, he started holding my hand. when we were leaving, it was late and he offered that i could stay by him, so i took the offer. When we got to his place, we cuddled together. He was kissing my neck and telling me how adorable i am. He also remembered that I spoke french, so as he was looking into my eyes, he said "J'adore mon petit". We also kissed that day and he told me he would protect me. After we kissed for the first time, he said "wow, I love the way you kiss" when I said "really" he said "yeah, i wouldn't say it if it was not true". I told him that I wanted to take things slow right after we started kissing. He agreed and told me that it was fine. I asked him if he was sure, he said yes. He also thought that me being nervous was cute and he was trying to calm me down. We spent all of the next day together as well.

I did get caught up in the moment and asked I could one day call him my boyfriend. He said that he would like that, but in time. I think I made a mistake doing that. I don't know if I pushed him away by saying that.

Now that that time is over, he hardly texts me or messages me on Facebook. He requested me on Facebook and was poking me, but no longer pokes me or messages me as much. After I don't talk to him for about 5-7 days, he will message me with a one liner, but he does not start a conversation going anymore, does not really asking questions anymore as well. he did text me one time telling me exactly what his plans were for the day. He has used the words "pretty lady, hun, sexy and cute" to describe me when we were talking. When I do text him, he replies within a minute if he is not busy.

I'm just not sure if he likes me at all. it seemed like he did when we were together in person.

I hope this is enough info. if you want more, send me an email.

Thanks so much for your input. I don't know if 1 months is too early to be making these decisions.

We didn't have sex or anything, I told him that i wasn't ready for that, but we did cuddle, he did kiss my body, and couldn't keep his hands off me, and kept telling me how soft my skin was and how adorable i was. He always got excited around me, and he spooned me the first night as we went to bed.

we also have not hung out since. after 3 weeks of inconstant "communication,

I think he is just after sex. If he would really like you, he would like to be with you, he would text, call and would like to hang out with you, he would be interested in you, he would appreciate you, not just the way you kiss and how sexy you are. I think it was wise to to sleep with him, if you want more than just sex, just forget about him and find somebody who wants YOU!

I agree that he's not interested. Sending a one line text/email here and there is to keep you on a string so can come back to you later without it seeming "out of the blue". I think the older women on here should write a book for the younger women on here because these kinds of things we learn about dating/etc are so common and a "rite of passage" in a way to becoming a more aware dater/young woman/adult.

Anyways, I'd stop responding to him and focus my attention on someone who's paying attention to you live and in person!!

Unless he is taking "let's take it slow" way too literally, then I don't think he is interested. I'm sure he would be just as attentive if you were to bump into each other again, but in the meantime he is not making any effort to see you or spend time with you.

Using the "boyfriend" line was very soon, according to the author of "Why Men Love B*tches" they are extra sensitive after sex about recognising signs that a woman is after them for commitment and will be as defensive as possible. You should read it, I honestly don't approve of all her theories but things like that I can definitely speak from experience that she may be onto something.

think the older women on here should write a book for the younger women on here because these kinds of things we learn about dating/etc are so common and a "rite of passage" in a way to becoming a more aware dater/young woman/adult.

I have to admit, savignon I thought I knew it all before joining eNa, I've been naturally cynical for years - maybe I grew up too fast - but I've still learnt a hell of a lot since being on this site. I think that is actually a great idea haha, I opened up to advice and I began to see the world of dating in a completely different light - oh if only we listened instead of thinking we knew best!

Archived