My girlfriend and i are in a long distance relationship. Last night she informed me that she is having a party and inviting at least one person we both know to really fancy her. am i right to be worried and upset since it is also at a time when im pretty sure she knew i couldn't go.

the question is: do you trust your girlfriend?

Because it's sounding like you don't.

its not that i don't trust her. she says she loves me and i trust that. but she also says that she has never been faithful so long before. and while we were first getting together there were a number of incidents at parties that she can only half remember. I feel like i'm being mean to doubt her because of the past but...i dont know.

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

She must like the attention and drama if she even showed you the text where another guy is expressing interest in her. Plus she's told you flat out she's a cheater and uses the excuse "I don't recall" at her whim.

Red flags all over on this girl.

My 2 cents.

shes met him once and shared a lot of texts with him, one that she showed me from him said "when we met i really wanted to kiss you. i find you very attractive, i hope you don't mind me saying".

GF is yanking your chain to make you jealous. Why else would she show you that particular text?

She told you she was inviting him on purpose. If you want to take the bait, you can worry yourself nuts, but meanwhile, I'd question why GF wants me to know that another guy is attracted to her. I'd ask her about that.

Archived