Struggling with communication

Helloyesitsme

First of, I apologise for this being my first post as I'd much rather be helpful than get help, however I'm hoping to seek advice from people who are either in online/long distance relationships or have some understanding of it as I feel they'll probably understand where I'm coming from a bit more.

Now the splurge of information;

So first of all I want to give you some understanding into my relationship

-I've known him for 3+ years and we've been dating for 2 years 5 months.

-I'm 17 in 2 months and he has recently turned 19.

-We were meant to meet, however he bailed saying his mother was sick.

-We only live about 2000km apart, therefore there is definitely the potential for meeting.

-I have been trying to get him to come here or let me go there ever since, without any luck.

-We have cammed, therefore I know he's real.

I'm not going to delve too deeply into it, however if you have any questions feel free to ask;

Since our friendship we have talked every day with very few exceptions, however since probably early December, this has changed. Particularly on weekends, he will be too busy to call me at all Friday-Monday. This obviously bought on the idea that I was being cheated on, which I bought up saying that I'd rather him tell me then him cheat on me. He said that he wasn't and he never would etc.

Recently however, the no talking thing has only gotten work, without any form of exaggeration, we have only talked for about 10 minutes in 10 days. This past Thursday, I was sick of it and so I called him with the mindset of breaking up with him because it seemed as if he was no longer interested in me. I called him pretty much non-stop for 10 minutes with him denying my call until eventually he answered, and told me that his grandfather had been diagnosed with cancer. I obviously didn't go through with breaking up with him, however I did tell him that he couldn't just cut me out like that. After about 5 minutes, he said he had to go, but he'd call me back. I haven't heard from him since.

Note: The reason I wanted to break up with him is because I had previously told him that the whole not talking thing was already hurting me too much and it had to stop or we had to break up.

I just don't know how to feel about the situation and if I'm being selfish by wanting him to still call me, considering the apparent situation, but it's hurting me so much and I just do not know what to do, think or say.

So yeah, I'd love some advice or opinions on the situations. If you think I'm being selfish then just tell me, it doesn't worry me.

Thanks heaps xx

Sorry for the double post! I can't find the edit button.

I've read through it, and I don't want anybody to think that I'm just passing off the cancer thing as a lie, I don't think that's the kind of thing he'd lie to me about especially considering the recent passing of one of my friends because of cancer. I don't really know why I mentioned it, just to give you all of the story I guess?

Archived