22 year old woman attracted to 19 year old

sunshinesweet

I went out for a meal with the girl that I mentor at university, along with a close friend of mine who is her second mentor. Her third mentor, who we don't have much to do with, also came along. I'd seen the third mentor around and exchanged words with him before, but I presumed he was in with the "popular set" at university (I'm about to graduate and took a year out to study elsewhere, so I'm pretty old in undergraduate terms and so a bit of an outsider). He's a second year, so he started university when I was away on this year out. Actually he turned out to be really polite, quiet and an all round nice guy, and basically I realised over the course of the meal how blooming gorgeous he is!

Problem is, he's only 19 - well, I'm not sure if it is a problem, that's the thing that's got me pondering. It means that there's just short of a 3 year age gap between us and I'm unsure whether he would even see a relative "old fogey on campus" in that way. I'm concerned about getting a reputation for myself, as it's very strange for my boyfriends not to end up, through quirk or accident, younger than me. It's weird because I actually tend to fancy older men, but I always end up with the odd handful of younger men I do take a shine to, whereas my crushes on older men tend to go nowhere. I went out with a 16 year old when I was 18 (the age of consent is 16 in my country and he was more like a year and a half younger rather than 2) but I'm thinking 3 years is a bit far, even for me. Is it odd?

The problem isn't so much the age gap (heck, you get people of all ages at universities) as the fact that you're about to graduate and he's in his second year. You will shortly be inhabiting different worlds.

When I was in my first year at university, I was dating a guy in the third year. We broke up shortly after he graduated and went to work in a different town; I was heartbroken at the time. But when I'd graduated myself, and felt what it was like to be out in the world of work, and what a different planet it all was to being a student, I realised that it would have been damn near miraculous if we HAD lasted.

It's not so much the age difference, as the fact that you are at different stages in your development.

I don't think the age difference is a big deal. I am 22 and my girlfriend is 19 and I will say I am never conscious of the age difference. You must take into account that women tend to mature faster than men, but that doesn't mean this fellow is immature. I would just approach it very slowly and casually and see what happens.

My son was ending his junior year in high school, when he met his gf who was just graduating! She went away to college, and even overseas to France for many months for schooling. They stayed together for 3 years...maybe 4. So I don't think there is much difference between 19 and 22...at ALL! But you don't even know if he is interested in you.

I mean, geeze...you don't have to think of it as a "maybe we are going to get married' thing. Why not just enjoy each other while you can!! He might not even be interested!!! lol I say...GO FOR IT! Life is waaay to short to let a good thing get away, just because of 3 years.

My grandma eloped with my grandpa when she was 17 and he was 26....they ADORED each other until their death!

To me...the life stages aren't that big! They both have been going to a university! It's not like one is at a university, and the other is a car mechanic and a high school drop out!

Like i said, my son was in high school and his gf was away to college. Worked out just fine for a number of years.

I was 19 and dated a guy who was 28 ( divorced) for 3 years. I just grew up in those 3 years....and realized he was a drunk!

I say....GO FOR IT! She doesn't even know if he will LIKE her yet!! lol

Archived