Been with my husband for 14 years since I was 14

I met my now husband when I was 14. We have been together for 14 years, married for 4 of those. I have been experiencing a lot of feelings lately and I am not sure if others have gone through this or what they mean.

I am 28 and seem to be boy crazy. I have also started to think about how I have only been with one person and have missed out on so many experiences. These feelings and thoughts come in waves and at the peek I think I want to be single. Experience dating, being with someone else and much more.

I feel like 14 is really young to be with someone for the rest of your life. We are both different people then when we were 14. But then I wonder if I have what others are searching for. If I leave would I want my current life back after a period of time.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have any thoughts?

Well, most people are not meant to be with the people they meet as a young teen . In most cases hanging onto these people is a critical mistake. Who you are as a person does not really reach fuller development until about 25 ish or later. And more fine tuning is added as the decades go.

But since you are married you are committed to talking this out with him.

My husband is aware of my feelings to a certain degree. I actually asked him to leave but then let him come back home after a week. I was surprised how much I missed him and thought I should give it one more shot. We met up at a counseling appointment, I have continued my therapy sessions and he has started his own.

I do care for him and don't want to hurt him but I think I just want something different. I think it would be hard for him to understand that I do care for him but I want something different. I constantly play the what if game in my mind and am day dreaming about what my life could be like.

He would never leave I don't think. His parents have a marriage like they are roommates and it is so obvious his father needs more.

Being stuck in-between not knowing which way to go is hard. I feel like if he left it would just be easier because the decision would be made for me. I wish it was easier to figure out which path to take.

Archived