One way conversations with Online Dating

Tortellinis

How do you take these? I'm stuck finding girls who tend to not ask anything back, so it's me asking questions feeling like I'm prying into their lives.

I get some people respond to be nice, but at some point you would think you'd just stop. But instead it's like you just get back more and more statements.

I'm not a super straight forward person, but I've given outs by saying "Hit me up if you ever feel like chatting", after asking a question and it seems she doesn't want to talk. And on most occasions, the girl messages back answering the question, but still doesn't ask anything.

So whats going on? Just bad at online conversation, not interested, or just going for the attention?

Mayhaps it's just time to move on to other girls?

Not interested enough to want to find out anything about you. Or, replying to lots of messages from other men, which amounts to the same thing.

When I did the online dating thing and was interested in a man, I would make the effort to ask at least one question so they would reply to me in return. If they didnt ask me anything in return I would stop chatting to him, I suggest you do the same.

I've used online dating several times and if I've asked some questions and they simply answer but ask me nothing about myself, then I don't respond or keep the conversation going. As you said, it gets boring or like you're pulling teeth. I either assume they're a little self-absorbed, not great conversationalists or not interested...any of those 3 won't really get past the 'friendly email' stage b/c its not interesting.

I'd say keep looking....online dating can be hard. After a few emails back and forth, suggest giving them a call or setting up a date.

I didn't do the pulling teeth but I also didn't communicate on line past one or two e-mails -after that either we spoke by phone or I moved on.

It does remind me of one guy who was giving me one word answers on the phone. Turned out he was distracted because he was reading my profile while I was talking. Right.

I have had the same thing happen to me, and it is frustrating. I am a really fast reader as well as a fast typist, I can crank out a few paragraphs in no time and also I wouldn't think getting a couple of paragraphs back was "too long." I get that it might appear that I'm being too effusive so I usually edit myself and type even less than I could, but I can really dash off a long response with a lot of text quickly with no effort. Then I get back one sentence as a reply. It's like they were getting a tooth pulled for each word used or something.

More frustrating for me is trying to chat online with somebody. I can type out a detailed question or answer but you'll get a one word reply or just "LOL" or something in response. I end up wondering if the woman just not very smart and can't keep up with my rapid-fire banter, or (more likely) I assume she has 20 different guys in 20 different chat windows all open at the same time and is typing one word answers to each one.

You are putting way too much into petty talk. I talked to dozens and dozens of women on a dating site, my current gf was very weird about talking, didn't want to text after talking on there, when she finally did her texts would be here and there, didn't hear from her for 3 days once. Stop reading into it, it's just talking ok the internet lol

(more likely) I assume she has 20 different guys in 20 different chat windows all open at the same time and is typing one word answers to each one.

THIS is why I don't bother with online dating, it's far too lopsided in women's favour. Waste of time.

How do you take these? I'm stuck finding girls who tend to not ask anything back, so it's me asking questions feeling like I'm prying into their lives.

I get some people respond to be nice, but at some point you would think you'd just stop. But instead it's like you just get back more and more statements.

I'm not a super straight forward person, but I've given outs by saying "Hit me up if you ever feel like chatting", after asking a question and it seems she doesn't want to talk. And on most occasions, the girl messages back answering the question, but still doesn't ask anything.

So whats going on? Just bad at online conversation, not interested, or just going for the attention?

Mayhaps it's just time to move on to other girls?

I don't think the reason is that important. It's just not fun and normally I just drop the conversation and move on. I say normally because one time I had a George Costanza moment and did the opposite of what I usually do. This woman was giving short answers, not asking any. So I asked her out. Best date ever !!!! But then I blew it. So the moral of the story is some people don't know what they are doing online but can rock in real life. Man I wish I didn't screw that up.

It basically means they're not interested in knowing anything about you, and they want to share the bare minimum about themselves because they feel weird about meeting people online...basically, internet immaturity. Give it another decade, we'll be where you want to be...

Not interested enough to want to find out anything about you. Or, replying to lots of messages from other men, which amounts to the same thing.

When I did the online dating thing and was interested in a man, I would make the effort to ask at least one question so they would reply to me in return. If they didnt ask me anything in return I would stop chatting to him, I suggest you do the same.

I co-sign this.

Archived