Should i be worried that it'll eventually end?

apdal

My fiance and I have been together two years. have had no real problems and have never been in any serious fights. A couple months ago she fell into a deep depression that she couldn't explain. I noticed right away when she started acting different. She was down all the time. She started to treat me different too. Car rides quiet, sex stopped suddenly, cuddling and hand holding all stopped too.I came to her to find out what was wrong she just explained that she was depressed and didn't know why and promised it wasn't me, but didn't feel anything for me anymore. She said that she loves me more than anything and doesn't want to break up. She suggested holding off on the engagement and go back to dating and maybe it might help( but she was more excited than me about the wedding). I agreed to take a step back. She's now acting affectionate again and trying hard to work on us and told me she's feeling better. But now I'm worried it'll happen again one day and I'm afraid to open up to her. I have come to her after the fact and asked her what randomly caused her to fall out of love with me for no reason but then be getting better a couple weeks later? She insists she doesn't know. I'm so confused, because to me you can't just fall out of love and lose feelings then bring them back like that for no reason. She said she was stressed with school and work and being engaged may have just been an added stress and that's why going back to dating may help. But even with all that it doesn't cause you to fall out of love, then all that love comes back after suggesting that we take a step back? Now she's acting like nothing ever happened when a week ago she said the spark was gone and didn't feel in love anymore. It's so hard to open up to her now and let my guard down and it sucks cause she's clearly trying to fix this. But it's not like we had a fight or someone did something wrong. It was basically I'm not in love anymore, but give me some time I'll be in love with you again soon. It just feels like she's fooling herself. But I don't want to make things worse by pushing her away when she's clearly trying.

I'm so sorry about your situation. My depressed ex eventually fell out of love and left me. I too couldn't understand how that's possible. Now he is with someone else. So yes, it may happen. I'm determined to never have a relationship with a depressed person again.

Ask yourself if you're willing to try. If things go south, will you regret? Will you blame her? Are you actually willing to open yourself completely to her again?

If you have the tiniest doubt, then the answer is no. The worst that can happen is not a breakup, its a life you'll regret not having for making the wrong decision.

Archived