Worried about possible pregnancy?

Jclark283

Hello everyone,

Since last Friday I have been experiencing lots of cramps, bloating, stomach pains, and even a nauseas feeling. My period is now 3 days late, I haven't experienced any spotting but there is a clear discharge, and sometimes a milky white one. The discharges always make me think it's my period.

Anyways, the thing is I haven't had any intercourse in January or February. On January the 1st I had genital to genital rubbing with my boyfriend. He didn't ejaculate but I am worried about pre-ejaculation. Then on January the 4th I ended up getting my period which was totally normal. Throughout the whole month we didn't have any genital to genital contact or intercourse. But then last Friday I experienced those cramps, and I very gassy and always having to use the toilet although it's not diarrhea.

Since my period is only 3 days late I haven't gotten a pregnancy test. Although if it doesn't come in the next few days I definitely will. Has anyone ever experienced this? I spoke to my bf's mom and she doesn't think I'm pregnant because of no intercourse and the fact I got my period a few days after the incident. What do you guys think?

I think that unless you suffer with memory loss, you have a modern day miracle child on it's way if you are pregnant.

Nevertheless, you can take a pregnancy test from the first day your period is late so you can settle your mind a bit. Worrying and being anxious can often delay periods starting so it'll be good for you to know right away. If it does end up being positive, give that sperm a medal

I don't think your symptoms sound like pregnancy symptoms (I understand about the nausea, but I didn't have any in the early weeks). Given your lack of sexual activity plus the vague symptoms I wouldn't worry. The discharge also is not necessarily pregnancy related.

Thank you everyone for replying. Seriously. I was in total freak out mode. I also bet stressing over this won't make my period come any sooner.

So just clarifying, nobody thinks with pre-ejaculation could have caused me to be pregnant? I just don't understand all these symptoms I'm experiencing

Thank you everyone for replying. Seriously. I was in total freak out mode. I also bet stressing over this won't make my period come any sooner.

So just clarifying, nobody thinks with pre-ejaculation could have caused me to be pregnant? I just don't understand all these symptoms I'm experiencing

You can get pregnant from pre-ejaculation -meaning when you use the pull-out method or if it gets inside you in another way. I don't think your symptoms describe pregnancy and your activities with your bf didn't sound like anything could have gotten inside you after you got your period. You can be pregnant and also get your period. I just think it's unlikely and you should test if you have any concern.

Thank you very much, Bataya. I heard that the period you get while being pregnant is mostly spotting, very light, and only lasts a few days. My period wasn't like that, thankfully. If it doesn't come by Sunday I will do a home pregnancy test. But I am feeling better with everyone's comments. Thanks again.

Thank you very much, Bataya. I heard that the period you get while being pregnant is mostly spotting, very light, and only lasts a few days. My period wasn't like that, thankfully. If it doesn't come by Sunday I will do a home pregnancy test. But I am feeling better with everyone's comments. Thanks again.

My close friend had her regular period while she was pregnant and didn't find out she was pregnant until she was 3-4 months along. I think there is less than a remote chance you are pregnant but if you're concerned testing is the best way I agree.

My boyfriend and I don't have sexual intercourse so the chances for me to be pregnant are quite low. All that I'm worried about is the situation that happened 3 days before my period.

Just an update, I still haven't gotten my period but the gas and cramps aren't so bad. It's more gas now. Now I'm wondering if it could be something like IBS as I've experienced gas with cramps before but not for this long around the same time as my period. I heard IBS can flare up closer to your period date.

Hello everyone, still no period. I am now 4 days late. I took a pregnancy test this morning, it was a First Response one and it says you can use it 5 days before your period. Well, I'm 4 days after my missed period so I'm guessing it's even more accurate. Anyways, it came out negative.

I'm super happy but I made sure to buy two. Tomorrow morning I'll do the other one just to be 100% sure.

I had loads of possible symptoms before.... breast soreness, nausea, weird appetite etc and I wasn't so sometimes you can convince yourself that you have something to worry about when you don't. It would be extremely unlikely for you to be pregnant from what you describe.

Archived