Is there any hope if she friend zoned me or should I just move on?

rov

I went on a date on friday with a girl I met on Facebook 3 weeks ago. The first two times I asked her for a date she didn't wanted to go because she was afraid of me because she didn't knew who I was. So I waited 3 more weeks and she accepted to go hang out with me, on friday we went for a coffee and we stayed there 4 hours, she only took her cellphone only two times to answer text messages, she was interested in all the conversations we had during the 4 hours. She had a dinner in the night that day so I asked her several times that I didn't wanted her to be late for her because of me and she said: No No, lets stay here for more time, it doesn't matter if get late to the dinner with my friends. I guess this was a very good sign that she was enjoying the date. At the end we kissed in the cheek and she hugged me.

I waited a few days and invited to hang out with me on monday and she said that she couldn't because she had a dinner with her family so I told her that what about tuesday or wednesday and she said that she was very busy with work this week, I thought this were excuses so I asked her directly this if she will hang out with me again and if she said that she wouldn't I will not insist anymore and she told me this: This week Im really busy but the question is for you: do you want to have another date with me?, don't you think we are very similar in many ways?

And I answered this: We are very similar in many ways and I see that as something good, I would like to know you more and have more dates

she replied this: I have no problem, I think you are a good person and I have a good time with you but i think we will hang out as friends

I replied this: Of course we will hang out as friends, I don't know what else you were thinking.

My question is: Is there any hope here?, or should I just move on?. Should I date her as friends and see if this can grow in a relationship? or it is just a waste of time?. We have been talking almost daily since a month ago I met her through Facebook, I am the one who always initiates contact, I am thinking in stop contacting very often so she can miss me, I don't know if acting a little bad boy would help. Maybe she told me the friend thing because we are similar in many ways but if she starts knowing me more maybe there is a little hope she can change her mind, I have just dated her once. This girl is shy and has never had a boyfriend, she is 23 years old.

Then hang out as friends, don't think, hope, or push for more. Stay reserved and no matter what she does do not let your emotions get the better of you. Be independent, stop asking her if she's busy every day of the week,this is very annoying.

Don't ask her out on any more dates, keep in touch with her but cut the lovey dovey crap. Its not fair to yourself to act like that if she only wants to be friends. She could be scared, nervous, etc. go hang out with friends and stay busy, for example if she asks you how you're doing, say "I'm good! Tired though been really busy with work and friends" in other words, the idea here is to show her you're not sitting around waiting for her, that is not attractive. If she asks you what you're up to, be busy, even if you just say "enjoying see relaxing time". If she asks you to hang out, tell her you're busy, and then offer another day to hang out.

But above all else, if you're unable to keep your composure and not talk about dating or act like that's what you want don't waste your time. You really need to be your own person, be some one fun, some one she wants to be with, if she really likes you it'll show. Be patient my friend and good luck

Please read this. link removed

I'm pretty sure you'd been friendzoned from the beginning. Or you can always stick around and see if you "grow on her." Like ecoli on room-temperature Canadian beef. It depends on how much pride you have and whether you think she's really THAT worth it.

Something special can grow out of friendship first. Sometimes when people are unsure they call the friendship card so as to remove the pressure & also not give the other person potentially false hope.

I just recently friendship zoned a guy recently & realised I did end up having feelings for him. I was confused & he was too full on. But without realising, he had really grown on me. I think fear & not wanting to jump in to anything held me back from realising.

Basically all I'm getting at is that it may not be as clear cut as it seems. There's no harm being friends initially Is there? Someone once said to me that at the end of the day when all the lust etc dies off in a relationship, you need to be left sitting there with your best friend. So it's really important to build the friendship

If you like her & she has agreed to another date, then just go along & try not to think too far ahead. Enjoy the moment & the answers will come

By the way... When the guy I'm referring to started to back off with his msgs etc is when I started to wonder about him & I'd check in to see what he was up to etc. perhaps start to ease up on some of your contact & give her a chance to realise if she has feelings

Archived