no ties no family, moving should be easy...righ?!

Ginger1

I'm single 25 and work in contracted employment which basically can involve moving as much as every 6 months, year+.

I actually do enjoy my job and work, and it can be exciting moving around seeing different states and cities.

My current job is coming to a close in a couple months. I have been here 8 months. Prior to that I had 2 separate 6 month jobs in 2 different states and prior to that I was in grad school....in a different state. So in 2 years it will have been 4 states and all back to back.

Each of those decisions has benefited me and my career, I don't regret anything. And for the most part up and leaving is easy, it's just me and 2 pets, I don't own a house or anything.

However as my next time is coming up I can't help but wish I had something to pull me in some sort of direction, such as a relationship or a home or something. Maybe it's a case of grass is always greener. I suppose I would like to have some frame of reference to base my life around. Its hard to establish a group of friends when you're transient. I have some wonderful friends that I keep in touch with via email, but not in person. I wont say I don't have direction, like I said, I'm motivated, like my job, but sometimes I do feel like a wanderer.

Just wanted to get this out in words and think. Thanks for reading.

Maybe it's time to pick a place to stay in for a longer term, all the travelling and meeting new people sounds exciting and I don't think you should regret any of it. However, when you're just not feeling it anymore it's ok to say "enough". Is there a particular place you would like to go back to and live more permanently or are you yet to find somewhere you can really consider your home?

Yeah yall are right, I just have no base to go to. I have thought seriously about a more permanent job. Only thing is the job I have now just pays crazy well. But, yea money isnt everything that's for sure.

Thanks for the input, I appreciate have a place to share my thought

Archived