Stretch marks after pregnancy

mazzy10

Its already over an year now and you can still see them especially when you turn to one side and look, they become very obvious. I know they did fade, look better but would like them to fade more I used Palmers cream and Palmers butter and bio oil and also olive oil for all this time and I don't know what to do next, I would like them gone thats the best I don't know if thats possible though. Any suggestsions? Does that laser stuff work? maybe thats what my next step is...?

They are always going to be noticeable . But they do fade to a white or silver. It would depend on who did the laser surgery. Laser surgery done by somebody incompetent can lead to severe burns and horrific scarring. Laser surgery is also pretty expensive.

Are you still struggling with your new body after having a baby? It takes a while to get used to.

They fade over time, but I'm not sure they ever complete disappear.

Both my ex-wife and my ex-partner had stretch marks from childbirth. I know they were both a little bit self-conscious about the marks... personally I just loved them, because it was a part of who they were.

They fade over time, but I'm not sure they ever complete disappear.

Both my ex-wife and my ex-partner had stretch marks from childbirth. I know they were both a little bit self-conscious about the marks... personally I just loved them, because it was a part of who they were.

I love it when men say things like this

I have a 5 year old...and my stretch marks are still quite prevalent. I used to be embarrassed about it...It used to make me feel unattractive...but after dating a few men that thought I was a goddess, I came to realize that my stretch marks make me beautiful in my own way. It's funny...when I was younger and had a perfect body, I totally didn't appreciate it...and felt like my body wasn't as good as others...and I look back at those pictures, and I'm sad that I spent so much time thinking I wasn't good enough. Now that I've had a child, I've gained weight...my breasts sag a bit from breastfeeding for 18 months, my stomach looks like a silver zebra...I feel more beautiful and more confident than before. Our bodies are so amazing.

I don't know if there is a way to get rid of them for good. A tummy tuck? It really just seems to be genetics. Some people get them, others don't.

You might find with time that you'll view your stretch marks differently than you do now...mine are like a badge of honor that I wear proudly now...I created that totally awesome child.

• 3 weeks later...

They fade over time. The only way to get rid of them completely is laser surgery. Basically the stretched skin is burned with a laser so that new skin is generated once it heals.

Products like bio-oil and cocoa butters can help the redness to fade faster, but nothing gets rid of them completely outside of laser.

I recently lost a not of weight and I did discover this great cream - it's Palmer's brand "after pregnancy and weight loss' vitamin E cream - it helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks and tightens loose skin quite nicely. And it's cheap! I highly recommend

Well, I think I can be confidant that my stretch marks are not going to fade. My youngest is almost 19 years old. What's worse is I have a LOT and they extend from the above my navel all the way down to the mound lol

I've yet to not feel very conscious about them when naked in front of my bf. I wish I wasn't so shy about them.

I hate stretch marks.

Archived