Haven't said the L word yet

oitnb

We've been together six months. I certainly feel that I love him and am ready to say it, but he hasn't said it so I don't want to freak him out I guess... Immature I know.

We've been friends(before dating) for two and half years and back in high school when we were "just friends" we'd say it all the time jokingly and such.

And he'd tend to tell his gf's I love you early on when we were in school together, from what I gathered.

I feel this is odd... I kinda wanna just say it cause there's been a few moments he's been goofy and endearing and I honestly ALMOST said it, could barely keep the words in my mouth.

I was talking to my parents the other day, because I'm curious to see when is too early to say you love someone. Well because they are older and relationships are so different these days, they said up to a year before you say it... Maybe that's normal for other people, but all my boyfriends I've had in the past (now 21) I've told them after a couple of months.. I'm guessing that's why they ran for the hills LOL. Then I asked my brother, and he told me that the guy usually wants the girl to say it first... No idea why? I think you should tell him!

I strongly suggest you wait until he says it first, or at least wait as long as you possibly can.

Nothing to gain and many guys get scared when they hear this from you before they're ready to say it. They run for the hills as Tayla has experienced.

Women are the ones who want to hear "I Love You" so badly. Men want respect more than they want love.

Also, don't compare yourself to his prior girlfriends. Your mind is telling you he must not care for you as much, but what's more likely is that his feelings for you are scaring him and he's afraid of making them even more real by verbalizing them.

PS The love of my life needed 1.5 years to say it. Once the gates opened, he said it fairly often. He also said he would always love me. Just be patient and the words will come.

Archived